Creative Critters Cricut Club, and saw videos of the Cricut Imagine! She posted some videos from the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) conference she is currently attending. Thanks Tammy, for sharing this with us!!
I don't know how sold I am on the new machine -- simply based on the fact that I have the Cricut E and LOVE it!
Nevertheless, here are some of the details of the Cricut Imagine:
- HP makes the inkjet print element and then sends it to PC to install in the Imagine.
- Dual ink cartridges: Black ($34.99 MSRP) and Tricolor ($39.99 MSRP).
- Cartridges should print 150 full pages.
- Machine ships with full-size ink cartridges.
- Imagine uses the same blades as the current Cricuts.
- Available 9/14 on HSN.
- MSRP is $599
- Weighs 28lbs
- Gypsy update to be released on 9/13 that will let the Gypsy work with the Imagine.
- Works with current Cricut cartridges.
- They will be releasing cartridges if colors and textures that can be used as “fill” in existing shape cartridges.
- Blade and print head do not ride on same carriage like patent filing detailed.
**additional info found at Scrapbook Update
I think what pulls me FROM this is mostly the cost. With the current machines you have the cost of the cartridges already. This new machine, you have the additional cost of the ink cartridges. I feel that unless you are a crafting machine and that's pretty much all you do (make cards/tags/scrapbook/etc 24/7) sticking with the Cricut Personal or E will definitely fulfill your needs. Then again, some people adore having the latest and greatest! =) I would LOVE to hear from anyone who is going to purchase it or when it's released, your review of the product.