Monday, July 2, 2012

From The Couch: Easy Bathroom Decor

HEY HEY!!!
What up y'all?! I have been SO MIA the past two weeks.
I PROMISE to try harder to be present! We are so so busy with work and then weekend/evening activities, I can't believe how fast the days are flying by!! I'm CRAZY busy at work and then it is time to leave, get my work out on, eat dinner, then it is practically time to go to bed! Lately I have been staying up MUCH later than necessary; last night for example, I was up until 1 am! Why??? I don't know - i just wasn't ready to go back to work today haha! 

This weekend I became Pinspired =) I have wanted something little to add to our master bathroom. It needed to be something cute and something that wouldn't be too expensive to create. I am finding that my best inspiration happens when I'm not looking for anything in particular.  For those of you who have been around - that gets difficult because I am constantly looking for something SPECIFIC. I was surfing pinterest last week and found this

My results are SUPER similar to that of My Heart's Desires. My rosettes are a little more 'disheveled' than the ones she made but I really like the way it turned out! 
2012-07-02070836-1 

This project cost me a total of $12!!!!
Large Vase: Walmart $4
Medium Vase: Walmart $3
Tall Candle: $2.50
Small Candle: $1.50
3 bags split peas: $2

 

AND best of all - I did this from the comfort of the couch while we watched a movie =) 
I don't LOVE the little rosette on the smaller vase - I may have to redo that one. It won't be tonight - I have too much going on right now to be re-doing something that NO ONE should be judging lol 

Where do you get your decor inspiration?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Love this!! I just became "pinspired" to use coffee beans instead of peas...hmmm weekend project? I think YES!

Kristen said...

Super cute Ashley!! I've been wanting to desperately make some of my DIY pins, but haven't had the spare money to do so. :( Hopefully soon!

Syndal said...

cute! i love those!

Denise said...

I want to try those for our bathroom. Cute!

Amanda said...

Ashley,
It's Amanda from My Heart's Desire! So thrilled to see you made some hurricanes and they look great! My rosettes were not matchy matchy, so you can leave them as is, they're cute! Which reminds me I need to make more!

Cute blog you have!!

Have a great week.
Love
Amanda