Friday, November 19, 2010

J&A Chronicles: Dress Shopping 2009

The weekend J proposed, we went home for Easter. My mom and I went out shopping and decided we might as well stop and dress shop. I was in! We went to David's Bridal and I did NOT have any expectations of finding a dress. I just wanted to try some on!!! I tried on probably 30 different dresses but these were the ones that looked the best and we took pictures.
This was the very first dress I ever tried on.  I LOVED it except it was a LITTLE much dress for me.. and I didn't think J would like it.


eh this one didn't really do anything for me -- it wasn't enough.
I LOVED the top of this one but not the bottom. 
I LOVED everything about this one EXCEPT the material.  It was taffeta and at the time, I felt that particular material and style was best suited for a beach wedding.
At this point, I wasn't sure what I wanted.  I liked a lot of beading but wasn't sold on lace.  I was pretty sure I wanted something a little poofy and satin. My consultant was Odette -- she brought me this dress....
Don't be fooled by my facial expressions (Mom was having trouble not taking video haha) -- I LOVED this dress...except it was ivory and champagne and I felt like I should have a thick Southern drawl asking about where Rhett is and why doesn't Ashley want to be with me.  I asked if she had it in white, because that was the only way I could consider it. She did and I LOVED it.  We bought and ordered it that day!
I can't believe I found my wedding dress the DAY AFTER J proposed! It was a little crazy and the only thing I would have liked to have done is try more on, just because it was a lot of fun. =)

10 comments:

Café Moka said...

It's fun to see you in different dresses! The one you chose is really the ONE!

Check out my new post:
http://ilovecafemoka.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-i-met-my-boyfriend.html

Scientific Housewife said...

That's awesome! I also got my dress at David's Bridal and probably tried on some of those dresses, haha :)

Lady Fromage said...

Beautiful dress!!!! Glad you had fun trying on dresses, I didn't! My basement flooded the morning I went shopping and then I got lost trying to find David's Bridal. Kinda soured my mood. Thank goodness I fell in love with the 3rd dress I tried on! (I'm just not so good at this girly stuff I guess :)

-Lady Fromage

Melissa said...

I got my dress at DB too! It was the 4th one I tried on and I did that and the bridesmaid dresses all in one day!

2 of my friends from college wore the same dress as you did. It's so gorgeous! If I had known about it when I was dress shopping, I would have tried it on for sure!

Nicole said...

Wow that was fast! I got made fun of for purchasing my husbands ring 2 days after we got engaged... LOL

Nicole said...

and that sounded bad... but when you know, you know! And I didn't want to go dress shopping :)

Unknown said...

that is good, I am so complicated when it comes to dress up, but I found this Magii Sottero mermaid dresses, I am in love with them.

Anonymous said...

I got my dress at David's Bridal too! I tried on the whole list I brought and ended up buying the one my mom picket out of the window!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

oh wow! it is a beautiful dress! Good choice! ;-)

AiringMyLaundry said...

Beautiful dresses! I really like the one you picked.