Monday, August 29, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Hello Out There!!!
Sorry I was MIA last week! I took a much needed break.  The month of August was a roller coaster -- The Husband and I are really really looking forward to September. Not necessarily because we have anything going on as of now but because August is over lol. 

I took last week off to kind of re-group. So here is what has been going on :

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
Link up here

2 weeks ago our A/C quit working!! We are working on buying a new house so a lot of our funds are off limits.  There are also other circumstances that keep us from spending the $1200 it would take to fix it. So right now we basically live in our bedroom with a window unit. Our room stays very comfortable -- the rest of the house....not so much! =/

I have started eating better since this post. I feel better already and this weekend I started a new work out routine that I am excited about.  It is something I put together on my own that has some variety in it and allows me to interchange days/work outs.

 I was in a car accident last Wednesday morning on my way to work =(
 
my poor car! They came and hauled it off and I should hear back regarding the damage sometime in the next couple days. I walked away unharmed and the guy I hit was in a Dodge 2500 with a life gate -- AKA NO DAMAGE to his vehicle.

I started color blocking the house, trying to find the perfect color(s) for when we move into the new house.
J originally picked this color:
He said it was too dark so we tried the same color card but the lighter shade.
  
He is much happier with this color -- so this will be the color for the 'man-room' and also, the laundry room and the accent color in the craft room.
We also set out to find the perfect color for MOST of the house.
  
We determined these two colors were too drab and too gray based. so we went for a warmer tone.
I think we have a winner. We are really happy with this color!!
Now I just need to figure out the gray shades for the master bed and bath.

Something else I worked on last week and this weekend was this little beauty:
  
Why, yes, it IS a hot mess. It was free and will provide wonderful storage in the craft room. The piece itself is good quality and very solid...it has seen some abuse though. Thankfully none of the wood is splintered, it is just a mess on the surface of the piece.   I have been refinishing it for the past week. I can't wait to show you the after pictures!

Still no closing date =( It has been about 5 weeks and I am tired of waiting. Every Sunday night, J and I say to one another, maybe we'll get a closing date this week. I'm really hoping we hear something soon. I know our realtor is starting to get annoyed - she copies me on the emails to the selling agent haha! She is even wondering why this is taking as long as it is.

Well, I think that about covers everything and catches me up! 

What has been going on in your life??
Photobucket

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Soooo sorry to hear about your accident. Those are the worst, but like you said, at least you and the other driver weren't hurt. Dealing with insurance companies is just such a hassle though!

I love the paint colors you two have picked out and I will keep my fingers crossed that you guys get a closing date very soon!!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Oh my goodness girl!! Lots going on! So sorry about the accident and the a/c issue! Goodness gracious! Hope it all gets worked out. I sooo hope you hear back on a move-in date!

xoxo

Nicole said...

Oh your poor car! At least you are ok!! And I'd be like you... annoyed about the house situation!

Betty said...

Wow! You have been a busy gal! And sorry to hear about your car...that is never any fun. Glad you are ok. Here's hoping September brings lots of good things your way!

Caroline said...

Your poor car. So glad you're ok. And I love the color blocking inside the home. Love that blue color!

Kristen said...

Oh no! Glad you're ok with the accident. Poor car. :(

Love the paint colors! Hopefully you hear when your closing date will be asap.

Donna said...

So sorry to hear about your accident! Glad you're ok!

Fingers crossed you get a closing date soon, I know how annoying it gets when it drags!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

the car looks pretty serious...glad you are ok!

Dana said...

Glad you're ok from the accident. Can't wait to see the after pictures of your furniture!

Faith said...

so sorry to hear about your car accident .. glad that you are OK.

I love the idea of color blocking before you paint!

can't wait to see what you do to the furniture!

hope you get a closing date soon!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh no! Glad you're OK after that accident!

I live in LA and pretty much none of the apartments out here have real AC so I feel your pain :S

Cute blog, just stumbled across it.

Sam W. said...

poor little crunched car - glad you're fine! i'm sorry about the AC. that totally sucks this time of year!! hope you get to close soon :)

Ashley's Thrifty Living said...

Thanks so much for your kind words!! And I'm glad you're ok after that accident!! Scary Stuff!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Oh no, your poor car! I'm just glad you walked away from that being okay!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness-your car!!! I am so glad you are okay!! What a headache to deal with, though. Love the paint colors! Hope your week is better! xoxo

ABM said...

that car wreck looks pretty rough!! Thank goodness you weren't hurt!! totally understand the house situation... so frustrating!

The Adviser said...

oh, my how you switch so fast to another topic after reading you were in a car accident. I am REALLY glad you are okay and that there are no after effects. Be careful, you're a treasure! Best.

Katie said...

eeek! Hope your feeling ok. I love both of the gray colors you guys aren't going with. Can you send me the color codes and brand? We are looking to repaint our master and I want a gray similar to the shades you guys picked! Can't wait to see what you do with the furniture. I've been itching to start refinishing some furniture.

Natalie said...

I love the two grey shades of paint and the warmer grey/brown one that you settled on! We're getting ready to paint the second bedroom, and I think one of those would be perfect for that room. What paint colors did you use?