Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not Myself

OK so I realized that my post this morning was pretty silly and seemed full of happiness and giggles. Yeah that isn't what is going on with me. I'm trying REALLY hard but I am unhappy with myself.
The truth is I have pretty much quit working out -- I have been running twice in the past month and I haven't done any kind of weight/cross-training at all. I notice a change in my mood and the way I feel about most things. I am mad at myself for not making more time to take care of me.

I called J on the way to work and told him he needs to help motivate me because I can't seem to find it on my own. Even the idea of running a half marathon in December is not motivation enough for me to get back at it.

I had a pep talk with myself this morning, I said "Self! get it together!" I am going to take pictures of myself when I get home and use them as motivation to get off my butt.  I thought having a scale would help me stay motivated, instead I just don't get on it. Pathetic much?!

I haven't really struggled like this in the past, so while you may be reading this for the eleven-ty millionth time, it is a first for me.

I think part of it - and yes I am making excuses here - is that it is so hot after work. I don't like to go in the morning because it is dark and because I like my sleep. So I'm kind of stuck. I just need to stop making excuses and just do it, like Nike says.

I DO have a project that I will be sharing and that brings me happiness and a sense of accomplishment, but that is short lived. I still feel bad about myself.

I need to focus more on being healthy. This is going to be a struggle as I don't enjoy most vegetables. I am going to continue to eat the stuff I enjoy, only I will do it in moderation instead of all the time like it has been lately.  I have also devised a workout schedule/routine with some diversity so I don't get bored and fall off again. I know after the first couple days I will start to feel better about myself and I will be able to continue -- the first couple days are the hardest for me.

How do you stay motivated?
If you don't like vegetables, what do you supplement?
Photobucket

16 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

I ended my membership with the gym and was all pumped and ready on doing workouts from home. Yeah.... hasn't been going so well. I seriously need to be dedicated to working out. I need it in my life. Finding the motivation is so hard! I seriously need a kick in the rear!

Lawyergirl916 said...

Hey girl. Reading this definitely motivated me to do the same. I haven't ran outside since the Gate River Run in March because of not wanting tan lines for the wedding. Now it's over and I am having a hard time getting outside to run. I am doing the Outback Half Marathon on Thanksgiving day, so I am needing to get motivated as well. With everything going on, going back to school, work, and the whole being newlyweds thing, I just run out of time to get my butt outside. So thank you for being open about your difficulty as well, because it definitely helped me.

~Stephanie Mann (formerly Cudnik)

Kristen479 said...

http://www.classysouthernwife.com/2011/08/finding-motivation.html

Try reading this :)

Mrs. V said...

I know what you mean! I get on a kick where I run 3 days in a row then I don't run again for a week. I'm noticing the newlywed 15 are creeping up on me. (People laugh, but I think it's a real thing!) It's like the freshmen 15, but we're so content being newlywed and home with our husbands at night that we don't want to waste time out running. Good luck to you in your motivation!

asj said...

have you thought about trying crossfit I think you'd be really good at and it's such a great way to stay in shape [I miss it doesn't fit in my life/schedule right now] and the group atmosphere really helps. we recently started juicing fruits/vegetables [trust me, it's better than it sounds] and I have that and a grapefruit for lunch most days and its REALLY helping my energy, feel healthy and my weight loss [not that you need to lose weight!]

Katie said...

I think every once in a while everyones body needs a break. I go through that phase as well and it sucks but feels great once you DO bounce back..which I'm sure you will :)

Anngela said...

Anytime you want to work out just holler! :) Really--we should pick 2-3 SET days a week and do certain muscle groups each day. We can finish it off with a jog around the block too! We have the weights and the space--let me know!! :)

amy said...

I'm with you!! I'm so frustrated with myself.

Back in May & June I was doing so well getting up every morning at six to exercise...that ended in July and I haven't been able to start up again.

Good luck my dear!

westcoastsoul said...

I'd had a really hard time getting motivated to work out the past couple of months...I'm so tired when I get home from work and then I usually start cooking dinner for the man right away.

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

i'm on myfitnesspal.com and use that to document workouts and food intake. it's almost a game, and i love it.

i also sometimes REALLY don't feel like working out, and when i don't, i force myself to do a 20-minute jillian michael dvd. it's only 20 minutes and i feel like i at least did SOMETHING.

JMB said...

Hey child! :) I canceled my gym membership back in Feb and was so pumped to do outside workouts! I JUST got out of the "funk" that you speak of! Just get more rest and make a KILLER playlist to get you pumped up! If you want some suggestions on songs that I run too I would be glad to give you some "go girl" songs :) You can do it!! Think of all the sexy cute clothes you will be wearing because of your butt being in shape too!!! I am proud of you for entering a half marathon in DEC too!! GO GIRL!!

Caroline said...

Hate to hear that you're so down about things :( No fun. I honestly stay motivated by not sticking to a set working out schedule bc you get sooo burned out that way. I literally do something different every day. Helps break up the monotony :)

Faith said...

oh girl, i hear you! my motivation was gone for a while ... it is only within the last month that all of a sudden it hit me that i have to do something. i think because you are aware of it you are going to do something ... just take it slow and everything will fall into place.

i hope you feel better!

Dana said...

I love veggies but I can't seem to get my butt up and moving. I JUST started walking/biking this week and I'm already hating it and dreading it when I do it but if I can just keep remembering how good I feel afterwards, then I'll keep it up...and the fact that I need to lose tons of weight needs to motivate me more!

Scientific Housewife said...

I'm really bad at working out. I start and do it for awhile and then just stop, motivation is key!

Syndal said...

You'll find it again girl. Sometimes you just need a little break and then you gotta fake it til you make it as far as motivation goes. It's hard but you know it makes you feel better. I never regret working out, but I always regret not going later. My suggestion: don't do it based on negative things like you don't like what you weigh etc. Do it because it makes you feel better, sleep better, clothes fit better, etc. Try not to worry too much..you'll get there again!