Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Being the Female Bob Ross

Good morning Lovies!!!!  We are ALREADY half way through the week!! WEEEEEEE!!!!

As an update, last night my parents, The Husband, and I all went to visit our friend who I talked about on Monday.  He is doing surprisingly well and it sounds like he has had incredible support during this tough time.  I was glad to see him smiling and up and about.  =)

Tonight I get a girl’s night! YAY! I’m so excited about it!! I get to see some ladies who I haven’t been able to catch up with in several weeks.  We all used to work together but at least half of us were able to escape.  So dramatic sounding, I know! But seriously that place just sucks the life outta ya.  We are going to Paint Night! Yippee!!

I found out last month that I love painting.  I’m not especially wonderful at it yet as far as styling my own design BUT I think I follow instruction exceptionally well!

My mom, sister, and I bought a Wine & Canvas Groupon WAY back in July that would expire February 19, 2014. That seemed like FOREVER away.  To be honest, I think we all forgot about it until November.  We didn’t like the options in December’s calendar so we decided to wait to see what the January calendar had scheduled.  I had seen a painting that I really wanted to attempt and there it was, scheduled for January 16, the Eiffel Tower at Night! YES! I can’t believe I convinced my mom and sister to sign up for that one but they did! I LOVED the painting. 

I’m not going to lie though; I felt intimidated by it.  I have only ever done abstract type paintings …like ONCE! Oh there was this that I did several years ago…it still hangs in our bathroom and I love it!

The class was at a Mexican restaurant that served THE BEST handmade margaritas.  So delicious – I may or may not have had two.  It was a long day at work and I don’t remember why but I felt tired and a little stressed. 

I think the three of us did a great job on the painting and I am really looking forward to hanging it. 
   
 
I have made it my goal this year to complete at least one painting a month for the rest of the year.  I haven’t gone through all the options for the various companies but I am POSITIVE I can find another 9 paintings to complete.  I just hope I can find girls who want to come play!!

I can’t wait to share what we do tonight and I’m definitely looking forward to catching up with my girls!!
 photo signature_zps9b0b42f9.jpg

No comments: