Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Houses and Surprises

Hi Everyone!! I hope y'all had an amazing holiday weekend celebrating our Nation's birthday!

By the actual 4th of July, I was exhausted! Saturday was spent at my sister's new house painting, hanging ceiling fans and helping my dad hang a garage door opener.  We were so busy with things that I forgot to take a picture of the housewarming gift I made for Jess and Doug AND any inside pictures.  I'm afraid the only photo I have to share is of the outside...which is very pretty...

On Sunday, J and I went by the house that we are under contract on...I was hoping we could peak inside.  We walked the perimeter to check out how much fencing would be needed to enclose the backyard. J looked in through the back window and said there was still furniture inside the house. AWKWARD.  I'm sure we looked more than a little suspicious so we high-tailed it out of there! Not before taking a pretty picture of the outside though!

We made our way to our friend's house where our group threw a surprise reception for our sweet friends who were married June 27 -- that same girl we had thrown the bachelorette party for =) It was a true backyard reception; cake, first dance, sign in, group shot and alcohol. =)
   
 


We didn't hang out on the beach or lake, nor did we grill out.  We spent the Fourth of July with one another, laying low and recovering from our weekend.  I know it wasn't very festive of us, but it was perfect. I love spending one on one time with my amazing and sweet husband. Once the sun went down, tons of people in our neighborhood and the surrounding areas were setting off expensive fireworks, so we made our way to the driveway where we watched a Fourth of July celebration. It was a perfect weekend with my husband.

I don't anticipate hearing anything back about the house this week so hopefully the week flies by and we are able to keep ourselves busy so we don't think about it too much haha =)

What did you do this weekend???
Photobucket

18 comments:

Christina said...

Haha I love the picture of the candy...it looks like Lily is looking over it :)

Ashley said...

The new potential house looks beautiful!!! Good luck!!! I hope it all goes through!!

Unknown said...

aww i love it :) how fun and so cute! love surprises just like that and that house is super pretty!

asj said...

hooray! that house looks awesome (so does your sisters), sounds like you guys had a great weekend - we did the same thing just laid low and relaxed.

Katie said...

Both of the homes are beauttifullll!! Glad you had a good holiday weekend!

Nicole said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend and love that you threw them a surprise reception, especially after the surprise bachelorette party! how cool!

Unknown said...

What a fun weekend. I love your home it is so cute! Hope it all works out for the two of you!

Carolyn said...

The house is so cute! Can't wait to see the inside! :)

Sam W. said...

sounds like the most amazing weekend!! you guys are super cute :)

Jamie Walker said...

The house is beautiful! I sure hope it works out for you!

jessica said...

love how you and J are matching with your black and red!
did yall plan that?

Courtney said...

Your potential new house is absolutely beautiful! My fingers are crossed!!

Anonymous said...

Praying your contract goes through ok! Both of your houses are gorgeous from the outside!! Glad you had a good weekend with the hubby :)

Faith said...

your new house is beautiful! i love it!

your hair looks great in your picture!

sounds like the perfect way to spend the weekend!

Jessica and Stephan said...

the pic of your house looks GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see more photos! :)

Emily said...

Love both houses!!! Have they accepted your offer?! YAY!

Kristen said...

both homes are so cute on the outside! i'm so happy and excited for you and the mister to move in!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, the house you put a contract on is absolutely beautiful!!!!! I still have my fingers crossed for you guys that they accept your offer! Oh, and there is nothing better than just laying low some weekends with your love. Jammies, movies, take-out. Perfect weekend!