Wednesday, July 20, 2011

{Recipe} Jalepeno Cream Cheese Chicken

So I really enjoy new recipes -- a lot. Ok not a lot because sometimes I make it and think it tastes terrible. I have recently gotten pretty good at looking at the ingredients and figuring out if I would like the dish or not. I found this recipe through allrecipes.com -- I was just perusing, trying to find something new and interesting...I just get tired of eating the same things lol. Enter:

Jalapeno Cream Cheese Chicken (Enchiladas)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1-8oz package cream cheese
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tblsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin

-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Season chicken breasts with 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place into baking dish
-Bake until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear -- approximately 45 minutes. allow chicken to cool; shred with forks and set aside
-In a skillet, heat and melt cream cheese. Mix in jalapenos, 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 1 tblsp of garlic powder, paprika, chili powder and cumin.
-Mix in cooked chicken and remove from heat.
-Serve in warm tortillas with Monterrey Jack shredded cheese.

I definitely altered the recipe. After mixing all the ingredients you are supposed to bake it in the tortillas for another 30 minutes! RIDICULOUS haha!  I know now that I will never be an over the top gourmet cook -- that crap takes too long haha! You can find the original recipe here. We really enjoyed this recipe -- it is pretty spicy, so try it before you add hot sauce, salsa, etc.
Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and what you think!!

Do you enjoy new recipes??
Where do you find them?
Photobucket

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Sounds Delish! I find a lot of my recipes on blogs, lol, even though I have a crapton of cookbooks :)

Café Moka said...

I will definitely try your recipe!!! I will let you know how it turns!

Unknown said...

Yay! A NEW recipe! :) Yum! I LOOOOOVE the Rotel Chicken Spaghetti!

BelleinBows said...

This sounds delicious!!! Can't wait to try it!

Faith said...

oh yum!! i want to try it! thanks for the recipe!!!

I search everywhere ... foodnetwork, food blogs, online, etc. magazines .. anywhere i can find a recipe.