Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Time I Was Up All Night

Last night I couldn't sleep. I don't know if it was the caffeine I consumed or what. I tossed and turned. I tried watching TV, but I was so dang interested in ANYTHING that came on that I knew I would never get any sleep. I lay in bed with my eyes closed, trying not to listen to the sounds outside. Yeah right -- ever try to NOT hear noise?! That only magnifies any noise going on. I wanted to be in my husbands arms, listening to his slow, peaceful breaths. BUT, alas, the tossing and turning forced me out of bed. That and I could not get comfortable. I tried more pillows. I tried less pillows. I tried being in a sitting position. I tried laying completely flat; curled in a ball, on my side; on my stomach; nothing worked. Finally I got up out of bed. I did learn something -- I can catch up on all the blogs I didn't get to read during the day haha!

So it is 2:30AM and I have commented on all of your lovely blogs and am now creating a post.
I tried reading Something Blue. I am about 75% finished with it. I'm still not sold on Darcy. I don't know -- she is just so self-centered and shallow. I guess I was hoping to like her more at this point in the book. I have considered putting the book down several times but haven't. I keep telling myself it HAS to get better. So far I like ALL the characters EXCEPT the main character.

I don't know what is going on with me; why I can't sleep. Maybe I am just so excited to get through the next couple days so I can start my four day weekend. Maybe it is because I am just thrilled beyond belief that my baby sister is getting married on Saturday?

I have been practicing my toast for the reception. It is really good, if I may say so myself. =) It is sweet and funny. I just hope I can make it through the speech without blubbering! I have read it at least once a day for about two months. I was finally able to get through it with barely getting tears in my eyes. Then on Sunday, I was practicing it in front of Ruger. I could NOT keep it together. I was slightly embarrassed and no one was around to witness haha! I have decided that in the event that I get too choked up to get through the entire speech, I will have to just skip to the end and give Jess a copy of the toast lol. I refuse to be a blubbering ball of non-sense, even in the presence of close friends and family.  That is one thing that annoys me at weddings -- if you can't make it through a speech, I don't really want to hear your incoherent babbling, no matter how sweet the intention is. Call me crazy or mean, but let's be real -- no one wants to hear someone crying for 3 minutes and not know what the heck is going on!

In other exciting news, the NFL lockout is over...for the moment. The players have until August 4th to get it all together and get back in with The Union, otherwise, the latest agreement is void. Hopefully they get it together. I look forward to the NFL season from February until pre-season. In all honesty, I would have been very surprised if they wouldn't have reached an agreement. I mean seriously, the NFL fan base is HUGH and I feel that if there would NOT have been a 2011/2012 season, the NFL would have lost a good portion of that fan base. I probably would have stopped watching, at least for a bit. =/ Thankfully it hasn't come to that!

With the start of the NFL season, comes the Fall show lineup. I can't wait for our shows to start again. I'm tired of not having anything to watch and recently my attention span can't be held for the length of a movie!

I am so ready to get back into a workout routine. I have taken a little time off - I don't have an excuse, I just have. I am very ready to start back at it again BUT I have to wait until after Sissy's wedding. I have had the bridesmaid dress taken in twice now, I pick it up tomorrow and it needs to fit Saturday. I know as soon as I get back into my routine, I will drop a little weight before gaining a lot of muscle back which means my dress may not fit. SO I have to hold off.

Along with being ecstatic about Sissy's wedding, I will get to see a lot of my family and our friends. We have been pretty anti-social here lately, J has worked a lot and hasn't really been up for interaction, so we lay low and have well-deserved, relaxing weekends. It will be nice to see our friends though --  I miss them!
Alright, well I think that covers my middle of the night randoms. I hope y'all got more sleep than I did! Today is my Thursday as far as work is concerned and I'm pretty excited about that! =)

What do you do when you can't sleep at night?
Photobucket

12 comments:

C Mae said...

Something Borrowed and SOmething Blue are the one two books written by Emily where the characters carry over from one story to the other. Her other books are all new people i promise!

Christina said...

I didn't sleep well last night either. It made for a rough morning for sure.

redwhitebride said...

sorry that you had difficulty falling asleep. i go to bed late (about 2 am) everyday, it's rather easy to fall asleep because i'm usually very tired by then. but if i couldn't, i just stay in bed because if i do something else i might get too interested in it and forget to sleep. my friend who's a pilot (irregular working & sleeping hours) told me his tip is to clear your mind and stop thinking about anything... i honestly don't know how.

J and A said...

Ah I am sorry you couldn't sleep, hate that! But I liked the middle of the night random post! :) Can't to see photos of the wedding.

asj said...

sorry you couldn't sleep! I usually toss and turn, get up, go the bathroom, play on my phone/read, try again... I hate it though. hope you're not dragging too much today, I'm sure you'll kick butt on the speech this weekend!

Unknown said...

Did you try reading Something Blue to help you sleep? I swear, two chapters max of any book and I'm out like a light!

Kristen said...

I think we've all been there at some point and it completely sucks. I'm sorry about the lack of sleep. :/ At least now you'll know you'll sleep good tonight....

If I can't sleep, I just get up. Sometimes though I just force myself to go to sleep and lay there until I do fall asleep.

Sam W. said...

i'm so sorry you couldn't sleep! that's miserable. hope you aren't too sleepy today :)

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

I couldn't get into something blue either. It was just too hard to like the main character.

HOWEVER, I didn't give up on the author. I read Baby Proof and liked it much better, and I am reading Love the One You're With right now and it is my favorite so far!

Anonymous said...

Aw, hope you sleep better tonight!! I think you're right to get up for a little bit. Try watching infomercials :)

Jessica and Stephan said...

Maybe try a glass of wine before bed? It might relax you, and help get you ready for sleep :) Its always a nice way to end the day anyways

Mrs. Match said...

Something Blue definitely gets better, but yes Darcy is sooo terrible. But I thought the same thing about the bestie in Something Borrowed.

Once you get back into your workout routine I bet you'll find you sleep better. I know the days I don't work out I can't sleep. Then again I follow my husband's night shift schedule so I sleep days anyways. So really I'm no help. ;-)