Monday, February 20, 2012

{Recipe} Strawberry Cupcake-Brownies

Many of you have probably seen this amazing looking treat floating around on Pinterest. I saw them and wanted to make these for Valentine's Day. Well we ended up being super busy last weekend and then all week last week that these yummies had to be put on hold. I found time last night while The Husband made dinner! YAY!

The ORIGINAL recipe can be found at Allrecipes.com. Jen at I heart 2 stamp made the strawberry cake modification.

{Ingredients}
1 box brownies
1/2 cup canola oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1 box Strawberry cake mix
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/3 cup water
frosting!!

{Directions}
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin cups with paper liners - or in my case, wipe butter on the inside of all the cups...seriously though - if you remember cup liners, those would be the better option =)

Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. stir just until fully incorporated; set aside.

Mix the cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.

Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/3 full (or in my case - it is a half and half mix! oops haha!)
Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are 2/3 full each (or completely full if you are me haha)

Bake in preheated over until 'golden' -- about 20 minutes.

We opted for cream cheese frosting - which was definitely the optimal choice =)
they were so so delicious. I am so happy that I decided to make these cupcake-brownie things. Seriously - they are so good. The house smelled wonderful; we couldn't decide if we smelled the strawberry cake or the brownies! For real - go make these, like NOW! =)

Do you like cake or cupcakes better?
Do you like trying new cupcakes?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I made those last week for Valentines as well! I completely forgot about not having oil though and had to substitute for applesauce. They were still pretty good though!

Faith said...

That looks incredible!

P.S. I made the white chicken chili. It was delicious!!!

Jayne Wittschen said...

I enjoy reading your blog, 1st time commenting though.
This looks really Yummy!! I'm going to have to try this!! My hubby will love it!
Jayne

www.wittschen.blogspot.com

Fash Boulevard said...

holy cow, this looks delish. don't just love how good smells resonate in the house. fabulous post, love. thanks for sharing. if you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my Shoemint photo shoot. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com