Monday, April 22, 2013

Make-Up Monday: Eyeliners and Mascaras

Hey Y’all!!! Sooooo about the lack of posting last week….
I was still pretty sick.  Last weekend was my birthday – I had to cancel parts of the going out because I was sick! =( BOOO!!! But I am back to like 98%; still struggling a little with my workouts but feeling loads better.  Bonus: I am not coughing all night any more! Weeeeee!!

We are back to another Monday – that’s right: Make-Up Monday!

About a week ago, I was leaving for work and realized that I hadn't put on mascara or eyeliner! EEK! I was already a good distance from home.  I decided I would just hit up a drug store and pick up something that was on sale. If I didn't like it, I could always take it back.  **Oh and FYI – if you try makeup and have a reaction to it/don’t like it, LOTS of stores will accept a return of the used product.**

I was getting ready to check out with a BOGO half off when I saw an automatic eye liner pencil and mascara at the makeup counter.  They were much cheaper than the BOGO makeup I had in my hand.  I picked it up and decided, eh why not!?
Here’s the thing – I have been a Maybelline Lash Stiletto girl for as long as the product has been out.  I have ‘converted’ my fair share of makeup users.  To this point, I haven’t found another mascara that provides me the same satisfaction.    Enter Jordana Best Last Extreme Volumizing mascara.
 photo 04bf8d24-4a84-4f33-b39d-4c583e054bd2_zpsa2f5e5a0.jpg

My girl Corin introduced me to Essence automatic eye pencil. It is really inexpensive and you can pick it up at any ulta. Well I don't really live close to an ulta.  So it is super inconvenient when I run out of eyeliner. I have tried several other types but it just doesn't go on as smooth.  While picking up the mascara, I found an auto eye pencil next to the mascara I picked up and decided to try it.  LOVE it!

Close this window
The eye liner does smudge sort of easy; I definitely recommend an eye primer when using it but I LOVE the mascara and don't have any complaints about it.  The best part is the price!!  $2.99 for the mascara and $1.99 for the eye liner!  If you try it out, I would love to hear what you think!

Have you tried any new makeup lately?
Do you take risks with inexpensive makeup?

*All opinions expressed herein are solely my own.  I was not approached to do a review or post on the product.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

OMG, that is hella cheap!!!! :) :) :)

I have an Urban Decay eyeliner that I rarely use because it's almost gone... So I buy ELF from Target. It's $1. And gets the job done ;)

I'm pretty cheap when it comes to makeup. I wanted to get a base of the "good stuff" but my budget just can't justify it. :)