Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"I Just Got Out of the Back of a Cop Car" or WILW

First things first – thank you so much for being understanding of my attitude yesterday! I felt better as the words of comfort and encouragement came through the blog as the day progressed yesterday. I am happy to report that, although very tired, I am MUCH happier today =) YAY!

This is what happened to J yesterday.
Yes, this is real – as in he is really in the back of a cop car.

He likes to park in random places on grass, the side of the road, random parking lots so that he can fish for a big bass. He just drives around until he finds one he think will have good sized fish in it.
Yesterday, he stops at a pond, parks behind an unmarked building, doesn’t see any ‘no trespassing signs’ and he and his friend proceed to walk around a large pond trying to snag a big fish.
About an hour or so later, they are walking around and a cop car comes rushing at them. The cop parks the car and jumps out with his hand on his holster!
He says J’s full name and asks to see his weapon. J tells him he isn’t carrying and is willing to be searched by the cop. The cop says he knows everything about J and that his truck had already been searched. He had made calls to verify that his name wasn’t an alias and that the vehicle hadn’t been reported missing.
The cop asks if J knew where he parked. J says “in the grass, is there a problem?”

Apparently he managed to find the only unmarked homeland security (ICE) building in the area and parked RIGHT. BEHIND. IT. The cop told him that the building was on lockdown while they tried to figure out whose truck was parked behind the building. The building houses ‘detainees’ or illegal immigrants and when they try to make a run for it, there is usually a vehicle that is dropped nearby.
Everything about J checked out and (obviously) he didn’t have any warrants or any affiliation with a detainee. Come to find out, they also called his dad and the gun store where a family friend works, because he had the store's business card in his truck.
At the end of it all, the cop gives J a ride in the back of the vehicle to his truck and Andrew takes a picture.
I wasn’t there for it – but I will tell you that when J calls and says “I just got out of the back of a cop car” I kinda wanted to slap him haha – not really but I was freaked to say the least. Thankfully it wasn’t anything serious and he will be able to fish that pond, as long as he doesn’t park near that building again.
So THAT is What I'm Loving Wednesday -- the Husband did NOT get arrested or shot or get a ticket or have his truck towed.

I am just too tired to love too much else today haha =) Happy Wednesday!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Christina said...

Bahahahah! That made me laugh! Who would have thought??

Sam W. said...

WOW! what a story. that's really crazy!!

Allison said...

HAHAHAHA, that's too funny. I would have wanted to slap my husband too, only until I heard the entire story and was laughing! :D

I'm glad you're feeling better today! Some days you just need a pouty day :D

Lindsay said...

I'm tagging you in the questionnaire too!

B F said...

OMG!!! That is hilarious! What are the odds?!

Brandi said...

Wow! What an experience! My husband would have loved being able to tell this story to his friends had this happened to him! Lol! I'm glad that J is ok :)

Kathy said...

OMG! That's insane!...and slightly hilarious. I mean, what are the odds?! Glad he didn't get into any serious trouble. :)

Michelle said...

OMG I'm sorry that happened. I'm glad it worked out! The picture I hate to laugh but it's too funny!

Mrs. Nix said...

I'm sorry for laughing...but I did. This story is so amusing and PERFECT for WILW. =) It's an adventure you'll be able to tell your kids someday and I'm sure they'll find it funny.

Glad you're feeling better today!!!

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh! How crazy is that! So glad everything worked out in ya'lls favor though!!!

star said...

OMG! That is terrible! Glad he's okay and didn't get arrested!

Easton wife said...

Now that will be a story you both will FOREVER tell! LOL glad everything was ok in the end, something you can laugh about :)

Cass

DaisyJo said...

Whoa. Glad he got a photo to document the drama. lol

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

omg hahah! im glad everything turned out ok..I be he will be super careful when he goes fishing next time ha

Anonymous said...

Wow- crazy!! So glad he's safe! I guess they don't mess around, huh?

Jessica and Stephan said...

That is tooo funny! Poor guy must have been panicking at first though, I know I would be!

Faith said...

omg, i would have freaked! glad it turned out to just be a little misunderstanding! but yikes!

Tami said...

Too funny! I can totally see something like that happening to my husband.

Megan said...

Hahahaha...oh my gosh!! This totally made me laugh!! I can't believe that he parked behind a Homeland Security office. Thank goodness nothing happened!

d.a.r. said...

haha!! Oh my goodness, this is just too funny!! Glad it all worked out...ha!