Saturday, March 5, 2011

{Recipe} Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

I tried a new recipe that I found via Google on www.food.com: Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta!! It tastes like a spicy less rich variation of your typical Fettuccine Alfredo...which I do NOT like. So I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy this meal.
::INGREDIENTS::
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 thinly sliced green onion
1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream*
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
*the amount of whipping cream is determined by number of servings: I used 1 c. for the 2 of us and it was the perfect amount for J to have a small second helping
::DIRECTIONS::
--Boil noodles
--In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes, sprinkling with Cajun seasoning.
--Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. *I added additional Cajun seasoning for extra spice and flavor
--Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
*We were so hungry I forgot to take picture -- this image via
 
This is definitely going to make more appearances at our house =)
Hope you Enjoy!
Photobucket

7 comments:

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this looks so delicious!Thanks so much for the recipe.

Megan said...

YUM!! This sounds delicious...thanks for sharing. I will definitely bookmark this!

Jenni Austria Germany said...

i waaaaaaaant this. saving this recipe now thanks!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

oo looks delish! I am going to have to try this soon.

Brandi said...

Ashley- Thanks for stopping by my blog to check out Jenni's guest post. And thanks for the sleep advice! It's great to know that I'm not alone having these crazy things happen! lol

The food looks so yummy!

Happy Sunday! :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

YUM!!! Def just printed out the recipe for this :)

Nicole said...

Mmmmm looks yummy!!!