Monday, March 14, 2011

Our Anniversary Weekend

As many of you know, this past weekend was our anniversary weekend (hence the title lol)! It was our very first wedding anniversary ♥
In light of this, J and I took Friday off from work to spend 3 days together.  We had such a fabulous time!

On Friday, we woke up and had a few errands/business things to take care of before getting into anything fun. After we did that, we went out to Christina's and had lunch with her -- she LOVES Chick-fil-a and since she hadn't had a stellar week, we surprised her =)
Afterwards, J and I made the trip to Plant City for the Florida Strawberry Festival -- we had an amazing time! Talk about eating your way through a few hours!! SHEESH! haha =)
          
 
If you are ever in the area for this festival -- you HAVE to try a doughnut burger!

Saturday, we went to the movies and saw The Adjustment Bureau and LOVED it. 
The premise of the movie was very different from what we expected. It was definitely worth seeing in theatres and I think Matt Damon is a great actor =)

Saturday night, Marc and Christy hosted a surprise birthday party for Christy's mom -- so we went out there where I enjoyed several margarita's.  You should definitely try the Chi Chi's premixed margarita over ice. Oh, My. GOSH! They were SO good!
   
Most of our group was there -- we all had lots of fun and plenty of laughs!

Sunday we just hung out for most of the day.  We spent a lot of time together, talking and laughing, and cuddling (of course!). We had dinner reservations for 7 at our favorite steakhouse.
        

After dinner, we stopped for ice cream (that we didn't need lol) at Marble Slab Creamery -- which is very different from Cold Stone, thank you very much =)

When we got home, we watched our wedding video and got emotional all over again. We also stuck to the tradition of eating at least a BITE of our year old wedding cake.  My parents did a very nice job storing it in the freezer -- it wasn't freezer burnt AT ALL! =)
If I gave you a bite of the cake, you would know it wasn't freshly made but you would enjoy it and have no idea it was a year old =) I may even have some tonight after dinner haha!

Happy First Wedding Anniversary (plus one day) to us! I am looking forward to many many more celebrations together!
You know -- they say the first year is the hardest.  We definitely dealt with some struggles -- not necessarily in our relationship, but in just dealing with everything else and truly adjusting to one another and the idea that we are each other's person. period.  It hasn't been a cake walk but we have had a lot of fun (for the most part) getting through the first year.  I can't wait to see what the second year brings.
Photobucket

16 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

you 2 are so adorable I love it :)

that turkey leg your hubs is holding looks AMAZING! Ive never had a turkey leg..when I goto Disney, people are always chowing down on them but Ive never gotten one before!

this festival looks fun! :) I love eating my way through events like fairs, festivals, amusement parks etc

Happy Anniversary and to many many more love!
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Aw congrats! Looks like a beautiful weekend! I can't wait to eat our top layer in July! Glad you had a great weekend...you look so happy.

Have a great day!

Savy

Melissa said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! Happy Anniversary! :)

We went to a steakhouse for our first anniversary too and our wedding cake wasn't bad a year later either! It's amazing how well that stuff keeps!

Brandi said...

Glad that you two had an awesome anniversary weekend! :)

My husband and I saw The Adjustment Bureau last weekend and we loved it too. Such a great movie!

Katie said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary!!

I was actually in NYC when they were filming that movie and we happened to turn the corner on this street and literally ran into Matt Damon! I was star struck haha we stayed and watched them shoot different parts in the movie! Needless to say, I really want to see it!

Christina said...

Yes, you two are awesome!! Made my Friday :)

I'm glad the weekend was so fun!! You guys deserve it!!

Sam W. said...

what a fun weekend! you two are beautiful. i hope you have many more celebrations together!!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

so sweet and that donut burger looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect anniversary weekend! The strawberry festival looks amazing! Glad you guys enjoyed your special three days together!

Jessica and Stephan said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I'm glad you had such a wonderful anniversary weekend :)

Betty said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you had such a fun weekend...cheers to many more happy years! :)

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Congrats on your anniversary!! Makes me want mine to get her asap!

Scientific Housewife said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! I was at the Strawberry Festival on Saturday and the shortcake was sooo good! Sounds like you had a great weekend :)

Megan said...

Awww, happy happy anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I can't believe that y'all tried the doughnut burger...it totally freaks me out! It was good?? It looks SO weird! They have those at the fair we always go to. We haven't tried it yet.

star said...

Glad you had a fabulous first anniversary! You guys are so adorable!

April Rowell said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are adorable! And I really need to attend this little festival you went to. Looks pretty amazing!