Wednesday, March 30, 2011

People -- I Had a Blonde Moment...
or Two

No seriously, I did.  I was SO excited about my invitations that I made for my birthday.  Yes I made invitations. They are simple but totally cute!
I used MS Word because I designed them at work and well, that's really the only program I have access to lol. I found the margarita glass through google images lightened and enlarged the image. I created text boxes in order to properly place and space the words/phrases to my liking. I printed them at home, added some backing and a little bling. Super easy but pretty cute.
So the blonde moment, you ask? Look closely....see anything strange???  My name is not ANYWHERE on the invitation. Good job Ash!! But this was one of the projects I worked on last week that I was very excited about.  Now that they are mailed, I could share! YAY!

My next duh/blonde moment happened on Sunday. For over a WEEK I have been stressed because I couldn't find my cute pink Canon point-and-shoot camera.  It takes pretty good quality pictures and I hadn't realized it until this weekend when I had to use a backup at the wedding.  The last time I saw said camera was Friday the 18th and I had it in my car.  I THOUGHT I remembered wanting to take it to the bachelorette party but it wasn't in my bag...or I couldn't find it. I unloaded the bag from the party and didn't see it. I left my SHOES on the recliner like this:
That was the 20th!!! on the 27th a WEEK later, I finally move the shoes to clean up the house...this is where I found my camera...
No joke! Moral of the story -- put your damn shoes away haha! =)
I can't wait to share another project with y'all tomorrow!
Happy Halfway through the week!
Photobucket

20 comments:

Tami said...

The invitations turned out so cute! I have definitely done stuff like that with the camera. I guess we all have our blond moments! :)

Donna said...

Cute invites! And that shoe story made me LOL, just the kind of thing I would do! :)

B F said...

Love the invites and LOVE the shoes!!

Young and Fabulous said...

hahah this is too funny! I hate when I lose things and they end up being right in front of my damn face!

I love the invitations I think they came out great!! even if your name isnt on them lol oh well..the people will see the return address and just assume..right? haha! you are too cute

xxoox

Anonymous said...

Oh man!!! Haha...I have TOTALLY done the same thing with invitations except I forgot to put the DATE!!! I definitely got 32472937 phone calls asking abou it...haha oops!! Glad you found your camera :) we may be the same person; I NEVER put stuff away (and therefor, can never find anything!)

xoxo
Jess

Nicole said...

Don't worry, I think we all have moments like that... and cute shoes by the way!

Emily said...

So glad you found your camera, I would be lost without mine!

Unknown said...

LOL too funny. Cute invitations and cute shoes!

Michelle (michabella) said...

HAHAHAHA. I love blonde moments!!! We all have them :) Cute invitations!!

Sam W. said...

HA! i love that the camera was tucked away in the shoes :)

Elizabeth said...

Hahahaha! Hunny, I could write a book about my blonde moments! We are all guilty, no matter our hair color. Cute invitation by the way! I love it!

http://www.cautionblondeblogging.blogspot.com/

Stefanie @Three-seventeen said...

Those invitations are adorable! I definitely have a blonde moment or two myself every now and then!

Michelle said...

HAHA you are too funny! I have blonde moments all the timeeee!! I love your invitations, you did a great job ... they are super cute :)

Jessica and Stephan said...

lol, too funny! Don't worry, I also have my blonde moments....WAAAY to often for my age!

AiringMyLaundry said...

You did a GREAT job on the invitations. Love it.

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! I do stuff like that ALL THE TIME and I feel so silly afterwards because I get all worked up when I can't find something!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable invitation- I love margaritas :) And what fabulous shoes and camera- I think you love pink! :)

Brandi said...

Very cute invites! And girl, I need those shoes in my life! Super cute! :)

Christina said...

Haha I'm glad you found it!!

d.a.r. said...

Hahahaha!!! Oh well, they are SO cute!!