Thursday, March 31, 2011

{Tutorial} Personalized Tumbler

I found this idea through The Crafting Chicks.  The author is from Running with Glitter -- a super cute life and crafting blog.
Here are her steps and pictures:

First find a good quality travel mug. This one is a Michaels brand mug. It feels nice and heavy and seals up nice and tight. I’m sure you can find these at about any craft supply store.
Unscrew your cup and clean it. Then remove the fake family photo that was in the cup. Trace it on the back side of your paper. I use a pencil so I don’t have any pen marks on my paper.
Slip the paper you just cut out inside the cup and make sure it fits perfect.
 
This mug would be pretty if I just stopped right here! But decorate and personalize it I must.
I used my Silhouette SD to cut a frame and my name from the coordinating papers. **NOTE: I {Ashley} used my Cricut Expressions to cut out shapes/letter** If you do not have a die cut machine you can always just cut out a shape with scalloped edged scissors and use letter stickers for the name. Have you seen the stickers at Hobby Lobby? SO many possibilities. It will be just as cute, I promise!
Glue your Frame and all your pieces to your main paper directly in the middle.
This is somewhat how your paper should look like too. Easy peasy right? Roll your paper back up inside the cup, slip the cup back together and screw it together. 
Thanks for the Tutorial Kelly!!! I love how simple and inexpensive this super cute project is!

I made one for Christina as part of her wedding gift:
Have fun making your own!! OH! And when you go buy the mug, make sure to have a coupon for like 40% off or better...these puppies were higher in price than expected!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute!! Great idea, too! :)

Taryn said...

I'll have to try this sometime; it's adorable! :)

Sam W. said...

great little project! thanks for sharing :)

cailen ascher said...

that is completely adorable! perfect springy gift or a fabulous favor for a bridal or baby shower : )

shay said...

Love this idea, this would also make a cute personalized gift idea! Thanks!

BelleinBows said...

This is great. I just received one of these mugs and now I can't wait to personalize it.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How cute is this DIY?!? Love!

Brandi said...

Very cute idea! :)

Bonnie said...

This makes me wish I had talent.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jessica and Stephan said...

Love it! I may have to check out that blog!

Brittany said...

This is such a good idea! I can't wait to try it! Please check out my blog at: bmaryandblessed.blogspot.com