Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recipe: Oreo Truffles

For anyone who knows me, you know that I LOVE a good Oreo. It's my after dinner/bed time snack. A couple double stuff oreos and a cold glass of milk and I'm one happy lady! =) So imagine my excitement when I find a DIY recipe for Oreo Truffles while perusing I am Ashley's Smirking Revenge!!!

RECIPE: Oreo Truffles (Makes 42 individual truffles!)
-1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided
-1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
-2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted (Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate..Choose your fav!)
-Optional – Candy sprinkles

1. MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.
2. DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. (Here is where you can also add some of your candy sprinkles to add some color! You could also wait till after refrigerating and further decorate your truffles with different colored chocolate by piping pretty designs or swirls on top!)
3. REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

I have yet to try this recipe but when I look at the picture, I drool just a little bit! They look so yummy-licious!!! I will definitely post pictures when I make them.

**Photo credit: rockYOface on flickr.com
***credit: Kraft Foods

1 comment:

Sassy Wife said...

They do look delicious, thanks for sharing. My husband is an Oreo fanatic. I will have to try this recipe also. :-)