Thursday, October 14, 2010

Beer, Cookies & a Movie

Yes, that's really how my Wednesday night went down =) don't judge!
I arrived home from work last night, and since we have had kind of a rough go at it this week, I decided to take the night off and just relax with my husband -- PLUS it was our 7 month-iversary =)
We have netflix - which we LOVE - and it works out nicely since I have aspirations of watching about 200 movies in the next year and a half!  Up last night, Ocean's Eleven.  I had seen parts of it but never the entire movie.  I enjoyed it -- it's fun and clever and I just adore Julia Roberts...the man candy doesn't hurt the movie either =) I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd and 3rd movies.
J made us a yummy steak dinner and I thought I would try a new beer with it.  It was
::Summit Brewing Co -- Horizon Red Ale::
Featuring an aromatic blend of Horizon, Amarillo and Cascade hops with nicely balanced malts for a flavor you'll enjoy to the fullest. (Found Here)
Needless to say, I'm NAF (not a fan)...I think it was all the hops...
As you can see from the pictures, J was having a good ol' time with my camera. =)
This is my "are you finished" face
I don't know what got into me at about 11:30 last night, but I wanted a cookie!! I wanted a chocolate chip cookie but that would take lots of time to make. I didn't want Oreos...*gasp* I know!...so I went for my Chocolate Oatmeal No Bakes!
{RECIPE}
2 c. Sugar
4 Tbsp Cocoa
1/2 c Milk
1 stick Butter
1/2 c Peanut Butter
2-1/2 c oats
1 Tbsp Vanilla

{DIRECTIONS}
Mix/melt sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a pan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix together. Drop on waxed paper. Leave to cool and become a cookie =)
We didn't eat any last night because J was sleeping on the couch and I knew that it would be well after midnight before the cookies were hard enough to peel off the wax and eat. =/  They were perfect this morning, though I couldn't bring myself to eat one for breakfast lol!
Happy Almost Friday!

9 comments:

Christina said...

You're too cute :) I love the pictures and No Bakes!!! Oh man are they yummy! I tell myself they are better for me too because of the oatmeal. Ha!

Betty said...

What a fun night...and I love no bake cookies!:)

Charlie said...

yay i will have to try that recipe. thanks for putting it up! and happy anniversaryyyyy! :)

Tutti said...

Love the thumbs down pictures. Too cute. Can't win 'em all though.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good 7 month-iversary IMO!

Adrienne Schumann said...

OMG.. I can't get over how adorable you are :)

Umm... I *love* Ocean's Eleven.

Side Fact: One of Matt's and my first dates was seeing Ocean's Thirteen :)

All of them are great!

Karli said...

I LOVE no bakes! I have a little secret ingredient that make them 1000 times better! I know you probably don't even think that's possible but it is! :)

Faith said...

haha, so funny you were making cookies at that time! i so would have had one for breakfast. you have better self control than i do! :)

Anonymous said...

Cookies for breakfast are SO allowed! And I love Ocean's Eleven. I used to love Matt Damon :)