Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Typical Weekday Run

During the week, after work, J likes to go down to the dock where he has installed a fish feeder to fish.  It's about a mile and a half from the house.  He always wants me to hang out with him while he is fishing but I want to get my workout in.  So, J drives down to the dock and I figure out a course and distance for my run that afternoon that will end me and Ruger at the dock.
I have come to learn that it does not matter how far we do or don't run nor how fast, Ruger is going to have massive amounts of energy and make a bee-line for the lake when we get there.
Even after all that running, he is full of energy to play in the water.  I drink my bottle of water and use the plastic bottle as a toy for him to chase and swim after...he is a retriever after all. =) So while J is fishing, I play with Ruger and let him swim in the lake.

        
At the end of all of that, we put him in the back of the truck and take him home.  We towel Ruger down while he runs around like a crazy dog and then let him have the towel to lay on until he completely dries.
That's when he finally 'passes' out and relaxes.

5 comments:

Tutti said...

Oh, this post hit home! I have a water pooch too. She goes insane at just the sight of an open body of water. And I will never get tired of seeing her dive into the water and (literally) dance around in it. Pure doggy joy.

Unknown said...

Umm, you sound like me and my hubby. I run while he fishes. Love the pics!

Christina said...

Aww the little running buddy :) Such a happy water dog!

Faith said...

awww, too cute! i love your dog! i need one, hehe.

Anonymous said...

Wow wish I had that much engergy!!!