Thursday, October 28, 2010

::Recipe:: Chicken Pad Thai

A couple weeks ago a friend of ours hosted a party where they served a variety of Thai food.  At the end of the party, we were provided with a copy of the recipes.  My favorite was the Chicken Pad Thai. So I decided to make it for J and I one night this week.

{INGREDIENTS}
4 ounces Thai Kitchen Stir-Fry Rice Noodles
2 tblps vegetable oil, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
6 tblsp Thai Kitchen Original Pad Thai Sauce
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup coarsely chopped unsalted peanuts
{DIRECTIONS}
  • Bring 4 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Add rice noodles; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until noodles are tender but firm. Rinse under cold water; drain well. Set aside.
  • Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add egg; scramble until set. Remove from skillet. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add chicken; stir fry until cooked through. Add rice noodles, Pad Thai sauce and green onions; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or noodles are tender.
  • Stir in bean sprouts and scrambled egg. Place noodle mixture on serving platter. Sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
We really enjoyed this dish and it's fairly simple.  I probably would have added more of the Thai Sauce but it was really wonderful.  I even took it for lunch the following day =)

 **You can find this and other recipes at the Thai Kitchen website

4 comments:

Tutti said...

Yumm-o! I love Pad Thai and I don't seem to ever remember that *I* can make it at home. Thanks for the recipe!!

Nicole said...

I should try this! a couple years ago (before my husband) I ate Thai food every Wednesday night with a group of friends. It was expensive so he and I quit doing it b/c woowza! but very cool!

Anonymous said...

I love Pad Thai so much! It's all I order at Thai restaurants!!

Faith said...

i am so going to make this! so delish!