Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It Should Taste Like It Smells

I am talking about coffee.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it smells.  It's just so BITTER to the taste! I have tried many a coffee -- maybe I need something exotic?  My mother, who really detests coffee, loves the white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.  I have tried them -- yuck! I don't even eat coffee ice creams because of the aftertaste! 
The reason I have become a little obsessed with coffee is because I am always, and I mean ALWAYS, cold at work.  We are getting ready to move into a new office and it's a big open space.  I am really looking forward to the move. EXCEPT there will only be ONE thermostat and the battle of the temps begins!!! Some of us -- the people on my side of the building -- enjoy NOT chattering and freezing to death.  The other side of the office -- The Others -- enjoy being chilly. The only way I can combat this without wearing a parka to the office is with a warm drink.  Before you do it, please do not suggest hot tea, to me, that's worse than coffee. And so my good people, your Mission, should you choose to accept is to find me a yummy coffee/latte/etc that I can make at work/home and tastes good (read sweet). 
Let the suggestions begin!

9 comments:

Karli said...

Can you purchase a space heater to put under your desk..? :)

Unknown said...

space heaters are a no-go =/ fire hazard or something PLUS the owners don't appreciate the smell they emit...weirdos haha

Tutti said...

Hmmm. Hot coco? Please don't tell me you don't like chocolate! :)

I too get very cold sometimes when working in my office (even at home). I found hand/armwarmers to be a LIFE SAVER (along with a small down blanket). I bought some from this store on Etsy and though a bit price- have found that they are worth either weight in gold!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/clfbyclairelafaye?ref=seller_info

cailen ascher said...

hmmm...my fiance loves "steamers". it's basically frothed milk with flavoring - they're really good and very sweet. also have you tried chai tea lattes - very different from regular tea. also, hot cocoa anyone?

(i'm always cold too and wear long underwear under my clothes in the winter. not sexy AT ALL, but it does the trick... lol)

Christina said...

Coffeemate makes some delicious fall & winter flavors. There's a pumpkin one that's amazing. White chocolate too. I love coffee though. I'll get a good one & let ya sample :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok once you find one send it my way! I want to like coffee too. I love love love the smell too but don't care for the taste. I do however at Christmas time like Eggnog Latte's from Starbucks...

HALLELUJAHS BY HOLLY said...

I HATE coffee also, but love the way it smells as well. Gosh! What's a girl to do that just wants to curl up with a hot drink, mug in hand, and cozy blanket (like all the cool kids do)?

My suggestion is special flavors of hot chocolate (so it's not so plain) or apple cider. Several different brands are good. I agree with you on tea, but sometimes chai is doable with the addition of vanilla or pumpkin spice flavorings.

I feel your pain. Good luck!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

I agree with Christina!! There are some DARN good, super sweet coffee creamers out there - my faves are french vanilla and hazelnut. They really take the bitterness out of the coffee. I don't make my coffee very strong though, so it isn't terribly bitter to begin with. If someone else makes it, you're at their mercy!

Also, maybe try eating something really sweet while you drink coffee - like cookies or a cinnamon roll. The slightly bitter taste to the coffee just goes perfectly with something super sweet. :)

Faith said...

OMG! Tell me about it. When the hubby makes coffee, I just love to inhale it ... but to put in down my throat. I just can't do it. And if for some reason I want to, it has to have a million packets of sugar ... what's the point of drink diabetes. So i just don't do coffee.