Friday, October 1, 2010

DIY Ruffle Shirt 2

My husband woke up this morning at 4:45! 4:45!!!???!!!What the crap?! He was up this early to go fishing.  Consequently, so was I, as I have yet to master the art of going back to sleep when J gets up.  SO with nothing to do this morning, I made a shirt. =)  The biggest challenge in this shirt is that I didn't use 2 shirts, as I had in my previous ruffle shirt.  I actually had to make the shirt part and then added ruffles. It's similar to the green one I made but the material is different - the build of the shirt is also different.  It was pretty easy and now I have a new shirt using material I already had in my stash, which J always appreciates, it means I'm not out buying more supplies. YAY for not spending money! I love ruffles and they are 'in' right now, so I can't go wrong with my new love! (not that i'm overly trendy lol)

The material is actually much more pink than the picture shows but the lighting in my office is bad (read fluorescent).

6 comments:

Christina said...

Woo pretty lady! Nice work :)

Tutti said...

Do you ever stop?! My goodness- making a shirt at 4:45AM.... you cease to amaze me!! And it's SO cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Super stinking cute! so jealous!!!

Ashley said...

Wow, that is too cute! I need to relearn how to sew. I can only do curtains haha

Natalie said...

I've been wanting to try this DIY, your post has inspired me! You did a great job, it looks amazing!

Faith said...

that is such a great shirt. can't believe you are making stuff so early in the morning!