Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wanton Wednesday

There a lot of things that go on in my head -- lots of various thought and random happenings in my life.  Today I am sharing some of that with you...not so much the random thoughts but just an amalgamation of crap. =)
{1}If anyone watched the pre-game shows on NFL this past Sunday, they may have had the fortune (or mis-fortune depending on your team) of seeing this:

If nothing else -- it made me laugh - A LOT. and made me cheer a little inside. MOSTLY because the owner of my company lives and breathes Romo and a girl I work with thinks Manning is amazing. I of course, think otherwise, but it was nice to see 'professionals' agree with me =) PS -- it's ok if you disagree, to each their own =) AND clearly, these men are good at what they do or they wouldn't be NFL players.

{2} J and I accidentally crossed a movie off our Day Zero Project movie list.  It was on USA without commercials! YES!
Pretty Woman
Isn't Julia just MARVELOUS!?
{3} Monday morning I ran out of my all time FAVORITE eye liner!! It's by Pop Beauty and the type is Cat Eyes. I love the shape of the tip and the color: Black Dahlia.  It's ALMOST black but it has a hint of deep purple in it so it doesn't look so stark.  I LOVE it! This eyeliner is a good investment for me because it's relatively inexpensive and lasts a LONG time -- long as in about 10 months! That is like $1.80 a MONTH! Not bad =)

{4} My cousin, Corley, is getting married next year, and asked me to design their wedding invitations.  Her and Eric are using a petal 'envelope' and these are the 4 designs I sent them after a few back and forth emails with Corley. I won't tell which they picked because some of our family follows and I want it to be a surprise.  Oh also, they are colored but I'm telling what the colors are either =)  Each has a different font that she was able to choose from -- and I left off the last names and place of their wedding.  I will post the final product once we receive our invitation.
{5} Now that I have run a race, I find myself checking out others. I want to run more. I want to group run and most of all, I want to continue training with my girls!  It's so nice to have that time to ourselves -- I know i feel super productive.  Not only are we working out together but we get to catch up on things! YAY!


{6} Some of you know that I have been hunting for a new face wash.  It seems like what everyone else is using, doesn't work for me -- dries my skin out, makes me peel/red, breaks me out.  Well I finally found something that works for me! My skin is clearing up so nicely and it's a lot less red! WOO! I'm not saying it will work for you but it did for me =)  The product is: Clean & Clean Foaming Facial Cleanser for Sensitive Skin!
{7} Our one cup coffee maker pooped out on us just when I discovered a creamer I enjoyed.  Monday night we were out shopping and decided to get a 5 cup coffee maker, as it's the same price as the 1-cup.  NOW we needed to find a coffee to take home or a creamer.  I found a new coffee that I LOVE!! Too bad it's seasonal -- maybe I'll just need to stock up on it before the end of the holiday season.
{8} I determined a couple nights ago that I have a really difficult time focusing and being very productive on 3 hours worth or sleep.  Studies have shown that the average person does need more than 5-6 hours of sleep..although I have a very good friend who requires 8 hours or she'll punch you in the face haha! Just kidding - she's just a lot less social without 8 hours. I love her with or without her sleep =)

{9} I adore Darius Rucker.  I have been a huge fan since he was with Hootie and the Blowfish! For those of you unfamiliar with country music or living in a box, he has gone solo in country music.  Two years ago, he released his first album, Learn to Live, and two weeks ago he released his second: Charleston, SC Circa 1966.  I LOVE it! The cd is more fun and more uplifting than the first.  I think he was playing into the melodrama that country music tends to be but this album is amazing! PLUS I LOVE his voice -- it's so distinct!

{10} Is it sad that I am super impressed with my happy alliteration title?! My little sister is a teacher and blogs about it over at Chronicles of a First Year Teacher.  She corrects me a LOT for my spelling/grammar/made up words/etc.  It has been a lot of fun seeing what a teacher goes through, especially within the first year of adjustment.  She JUST started teaching at the beginning for the 2010/2011 school year.  Check her out -- it's very intersting and she just started a page called "Kids These Days" -- random quotes/funnies from her students.  I can tell you this -- I had NO idea how much is involved in planning/grading/etc. 

{11} I found a photo editing software online that is close to Photoshop! It's fotoflexer.com.  I really like the features they give -- like I said it's very similar to photoshop BUT there isn't nearly the learning curve. AND it's free =)

I guess that does it for me for now.  I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

7 comments:

Christina said...

1. I'm glad that Peyton Manning didn't make the list. He's awesome! The end.

2. One of my favorite movies of all time!

4. Your invitation designs look great! I can't wait to see what she decided on!

9. I will punch someone in the face. Just sayin...;-)

Happy Wednesday! Only 2 more this week! Yay!

Tutti said...

I'm so impressed with your invites! They look fabulous and I can just imagine them with color added... ever think about opening an Etsy shop?

I'll punch someone in the face with less than 8 hours too. I used to bite when I was little. Guess I've 'upgraded'.

Anonymous said...

My husband corrects my grammar too so I feel your pain, he's a lawyer and can't help it :) And like your friend, I will punch or at least give dirty looks to people on less than eight hours of sleep! Ha!

Nicole said...

I love Pretty Woman!!! And I heard them say on a count down one time that when Hootie and the Blowfish was formed, Darius wanted to go country then but was outnumbered. I agree, he's fabulous!

And I'm grumpy on less than 8 hrs of sleep.

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

You did an awesome job on those invitations!! And where in heaven's name did you find that coffee?! Sounds amazing!!

I also wanted to say thank you so much for your sweet, sweet comment on my last post - I really appreciated that!! Have a wonderful rest of your day. :)

Ashley said...

Great job on the invites! I love number 2

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

What nice list of random thoughts.

I think Darius Rucker has a nice voice.

Although I have a degree in English Lit, Hubby corrects me how I compose my phrases because my first language is mix of two languages.

Nice blog and I am your new follower.