Thursday, October 7, 2010

{Recipe} - Chicken & Rice

As many of you know, I have been attempting new recipes.  I'm tired of the same things all the time (plus I have the Day Zero Project I am working on) so I am trying to get creative but mostly I am just scouring the Internet for new recipes.  Heaven knows me just throwing things together into a pan isn't going to make for the best meal!
I got this recipe from a co-worker.  It's very tasty and I look forward to having it again!

{INGREDIENTS}
1 can Rotel
1 can black beans
2 chicken breasts
brown rice
shredded cheese (optional)
tortilla chips (optional)

{MAKE}
Cut the chicken breasts into strips or chunks. Cook all the way through in a skillet/pan on the stove. While the chicken is cooking, start making your brown rice.  We used Minute brown rice and it actually took about 10 minutes total to prepare the rice, which is perfect timing for everything else to finish.
Once the chicken is cooked all the way through, add drained black beans and rotel. When the rice is finished, mix in with chicken, beans, Rotel. Let heat all the way through.


{SERVE!}
We ate ours with shredded cheese sprinkled on top.  J ate his as a dish, I ate mine as a dip with tortilla chips.
Next time, I think we will make our cheesy Rotel dip as normal and pour it over the chicken, rice and beans.  Either way -- it was DELICIOUS and a super easy meal -- those are the best!

10 comments:

Anngela said...

Larry chowed down on this last night! A little too spicy for me =/ But adding the cheese sounds good!! :)

Tutti said...

I don't like rice but this looks scrumptious! Nothing better than spicy fare :)

Betty said...

Yum! This looks tasty. BTW...I tagged you in in my blog!

Unknown said...

Tami -- I don't like rice either I think it's a waste of stomach space haha and it reminds me of bugs :: EW! BUT it's brown rice and was amazing! =)

Amber said...

That looks yummy and pretty easy! Anything with Rotel is a HUGE hit in my book! :)

Courtney said...

That looks yummy! I will definitely be making this sometime soon!

Christina said...

Yummy! It looks so good. I may have to try it. I'd eat it with chips too!

Faith said...

that looks so delicious! i want to try it to!

cailen ascher said...

mmm...that looks good!

ps thanks for stopping by my vintage purse giveaway : )

tgif!!!

Anonymous said...

You had me with everything but the black beans! I might have to try this, minus the black beans :)