Friday, October 1, 2010

From the Couch: Halloween Projects

I really enjoy being in my craft room but at the end of the day, J and I really like to spend time together. When he is home, he doesn't like for me to be in another room without him. SO to accommodate his (and my) desire to be together when we are home at the same time and my desire to craft, I have found some small projects to do from the comfort of the couch.

I have wanted to buy some of those decorative balls that you place in a bowl. I haven't found any I REALLY like and the ones I have are like $15 ea! WHAT?! No thanks, not when I can DIY it! So I found some Styrofoam balls, pretty paper and mod podge and went to work. Here are 5 so far:
I am considering adding something to them, but haven't really decided. I really like the texture though - it definitely adds a little umph to them. =) I have one more to finish and then I will determine if I need more. They are going to go on the that glass 'plate' on the bottom right of the picture. The sea glass is going to be placed in a thin rectangular vase.
The most recent "From The Couch" project, are countdown blocks. Total cost = $3. yes, you are reading that correctly! I used my cricut to cute out the numbers and words and mod podge to put it all together. =)
It's fun and I can't wait to make one for Thanksgiving and then Christmas! I can't believe how I've really gotten into the spirit of things lately...I blame it on the crafts. =)
Happy Friday people!

8 comments:

cailen ascher said...

liking the countdown idea. very cute!

have a great weekend : )

Tutti said...

Your new found love for Modge Podge totally makes me giggle. And the countdown blocks... LOVE that idea!! Not only are they adorable, but they allow you to get more excited as the "big day" gets closer.

I adore how festive you are. Don't change please!

Amber said...

Those blocks are fabulous! Okay seriously - where do you find the time to do all these crafts?? You should open your own shop!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

WOW!! You are much craftier than I, my dear! :)

Newlyweds on a Budget said...

what a great diy idea! I am always looking to decorate on the cheap..

AiringMyLaundry said...

I like the countdown blocks!

Faith said...

the countdown blocks is genius! i love that!

Haddock said...

They are real colourful.