Friday, October 22, 2010

J&A Chronicles: The Strawberry Festival

Every year in Plant City, there is a Strawberry Festival and every year that I have been with J, he has taken me.  It only lasts about 10 days and is a fair filled with food, crafts, vendors, carnival rides/games, and musicians - some of which are big names!
The first year, we went just the two of us.  We had a blast and ate more than we care to remember -- but that's part of the experience!
The second year we went, we took J's parents.  They hadn't been before (shocking since they have lived here forever) and I think we all had a really good time together! =)  I am already looking forward to going back this year.




Don't forget, if you go -- try the fresh chocolate covered strawberries and YOU HAVE to get the strawberry shortcake! YUM! 

7 comments:

Christina said...

I want to go next year! I've never been!

Nicole said...

I'd be in heaven! I love love love love love strawberries!

Smiling is Good for Your Teeth said...

I am your newest follower!!

A strawberry festival sounds AMAZING! How fun!!

Have a great day!
http://latache-t.blogspot.com

Tutti said...

The tiny town in NH where I grew up used to have a Strawberry Festival every summer. Oh- such fond memories of that! I also used to pick strawberries for my summer job when I was in elementary school- I'd get $.25 for each pound. I think they have laws against that now :) So glad you have something like this to enjoy with your family!!

Faith said...

a strawberry festival ... yum! i want to go! i've never heard about one. i can imagine how many chocolate covered strawberries i would eat if i able found one to go to! looks like a lot of fun and delicious too!

cailen ascher said...

sounds like so much fun!!! chocolate covered strawberries are always wonderful : )

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! I would go for the chocolate covered strawberries while the husband would go for the strawberry shortcake!