I was over at Skinny Runner (last week?) and she was hosting a giveaway from Sweatybands.com. They are these SUPER cute bands that you wear on your head, that don't slip off and they hold your hair back. I, of course, jumped at the chance to win one! These would be just PERFECT for running (it's what Skinny Runner uses them for too) I didn't win, no surprise lol. After staring at the picture she posted of hers for a bit, I determined I am crafty enough that I could probably make something similar!
Ribbon Velvet Ribbon Elastic Sewing Machine
1. Cut the Ribbon and velvet to length. I used about 2.5" of elastic and made sure it would stretch far enough to stay on my head well - but not too tight or loose.
2. Lay ribbon and velvet together, wrong sides together.
3. Sew the elastic end between the velvet and ribbon ends.
4. Sew along the length of the ribbon, attaching the velvet to the ribbon. I suggest using a longer stitch to keep the ribbon from getting too tight and rippling at the edges.
5. When you reach the end, repeat step 4 and then 3.
I went running immediately after making this and it didn't move AT ALL! I was impressed. I will end up making some fashion head pieces as well as a variety of workout pieces. These are quick, cheap and so fun! My sis already asked me to make her one. The possibilities for themes and colors and patterns are endless! =) YAY!