Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sierra Nevada Porter

As part of my Day Zero Project, I have decided to try 10 new beers.  I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to do this without going broke.  Then, while wandering around Total Wine the other night, I found that they have an entire aisle dedicated to single beers!! SCORE!
I picked out 6 to start.  Last night, I tried my first:
This was the description on the card at Total Wine that made me add it to my basket:
Dark and rich, Sierra Nevada Porter is a delicious, medium-bodied ale with a creamy head. The Porter’s smooth flavor (malty with hints of caramel) comes from a blend of deep-roasted barley malts. (Found Here)

I REALLY enjoyed this beer.  I text a picture to my dad about it too -- I think it's something he would enjoy.  It was incredibly smooth and I would definitely buy this beer again.

5 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

I like the picture!

Courtney said...

I completely agree, we should totally know each other! I browsed through your blog and realized we like very similar things!
I am not a huge beer drinker, but this beer looks very promising--I will have to pick up one next time I'm at the store!

Tutti said...

I really like regular Sierra Nevada- I've yet to try the porter though.

Have you ever tried Fat Tire? Worlds. Best. Beer.

Faith said...

it sounds good but i hate beer! i wish i liked beer because it is so much cheaper than the drinks i do like!

Anonymous said...

Wow being able to buy singles is much cheaper when trying new!! That's awesome!