Monday, January 30, 2012

The Dreaded Vet Visit

Our dog is tough. He runs blindly into the brush. He doesn't hesitate to jump into a body of water. He barks at anyone who comes to the door. He protects. He is alert.
That is until Mommy has to take him to the vet.... I don't know what it is but he is SUCH a ninny when I take him! The vet keeps telling me that when The Husband takes ruger to the vet that a completely different dog comes in the door. I'm not sure what the deal is but it is pathetic. I laugh about it because it is just so silly. Our 61 LB dog crawls under the chair and curls into a little ball. I have to sit on the ground with the vet tech to get him to come out. He has never had anything major happen and it isn't the same vet where he was fixed so i'm not sure what the deal is here...but I captured some of his pouting and hiding today because I just couldn't resist.

 
 
Yes my tough dog that leaps into bodies of water and bails off our boat, is a big baby when Mommy takes him to the doctors. Once the exam part was over, he was completely fine! Oh well - I guess it is my fault for spoiling him and making him into a little love dog =) At least he doesn't mind being on the boat with us =)

I love being able to spend days together as a happy little family out on the lake the way we did yesterday =) As you can see - we had a fun and relaxing two days =) Oh weekend you leave us too quickly!

Does your furchild act different at the vet when you are with him vs your significant other?
How was your weekend?
Photobucket

5 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

OMG what a cutie! Poor guy... and that last picture looks like a slice of heaven!

Melissa said...

Our dog Macy does not like the Vet either, but she has a soft spot for one of the Vet techs, she is spoiled at home, but they REALLY spoil her there and they all fight over who gets to take care of her, so i dont' get why she is so scared to go :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

Awww what a baby!!!!

Well my dog acts different when around tall men with deep/stern voices! Jax is weird and loves the vet or he is just too dumb to know the difference.

Wasn't it a gorgeous weekend?!?!?!

Kristen said...

Sammy is the SAME way. He hides behind my legs the baby. It's so sweet and cute though. :)

Jessica and Stephan said...

That's too funny! I can't believe he acts different at the vet with the hubby! Too funny :P