Thursday, February 2, 2012

Yummy Food and IKEA Hackers

OK FIRST - IKEA HACKERS ... have you SEEN this site?! I am so intrigued! Some of the ideas are really really neat! Like this one:

Modern Hideaway Dressing Table Modern Hideaway Dressing Table

This is such a neat idea!! I immediately started thinking if I could put it in our bedroom - I am SURE that we would have room to the right of the dresser...but that is where the pup sleeps...but we could move his bed more towards ours....THEN I thought about my morning routine. I do my makeup standing - I get ready 100% STANDING. Maybe this won't work out for me...I love the idea and the look. I don't even know if it would be possible for me to actually do my makeup sitting. I don't know that I ever tried! hmmm...I really do love it....maybe I just love the lights around the mirror lol - very Hollywood Glam!   Regardless - I am still REALLY intrigued by the website.

Now on to some YUMMIES!!! My parents are eating healthier and working out and I have to say, I have really been inspired by them. My sis and her husband have been as well and they have started the meal planning like they have. A couple nights ago, The Husband and I went to dinner at my parent's house. They had already been cooking up a chili for later in the week. It smelled really good. They let me try a little sample. YUM!!! So they gave me some to take to home to reheat for dinner or take to work for lunch.  I FINALLY heated some up last night since I was on my own for dinner while The Husband had a boys night:
 
Sorry about the grainy pictures - J used his phone...he went to the Magic game last night! 4 rows from the floor!!! This girl may or may not have been a little jealous =)I, on the other hand, worked out. Afterwards, I snuggled up on the couch with my cup o' chili and my Nook. =) Here is the AMAZING recipe!!

White Chicken Chili
{INGREDIENTS}
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast or 1 lb lean pork tenderloin
4.5 c. cooked great northern beans
2 c. fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
2 c. thick and chunky salsa
1 c. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

{DIRECTIONS}
Cook and shred the chicken (or meat of choice); set aside. In a large saucepan, mix together the beans, broth, and salsa.  Heat through and add extra broth, if desired. Stir in the meat and cheese. Serve hot.

I'm going to be honest - I tried this fresh at my parents house and it was pretty good. Truth be told - it was BETTER after sitting in the fridge for a couple days. SO AMAZING! mmmm!! I'll definitely be making this! =) AND it is healthy =) whoo!!!

Have you tried any good recipes lately??
Photobucket

5 comments:

JMB said...

White chicken chilli is my very favorite chilli ever! I think it's because I like the beans better and I prefer chicken as to beef! That's a cute vanity! HOWEVER....I tried the sitting vanity once...I prefer to stand!! But you may be able to do it!! It went to waste....I like to move from room to room as I get all dolled up and even dance around sometimes...I'm weird, I know. xo

Faith said...

that sounds delicious! i've never made chili before ... this will be my first one! i will get the ingredients tonight!

thanks :)

henning love said...

yum white chicken chili sounds amazing!! and that is such a neat vanity!

Jessica and Stephan said...

I had never even heard of Ikea hackers before! I'm going to have to definitely check out some of their ideas!

Shannon Marie said...

I tried a chopped veggie, mexican-style salad the other night and it was amazing! It's always so much easier to be healthy when you have close friends/family on the journey too!