Monday, May 16, 2011

Adventures in Food

This weekend, Marc and Christy invited J and I to The Melting Pot for dessert!

I had never been and was SO excited!
We decided to order 2 smalls so that we could have a littler variety.
The first was Disaronno in white chocolate.

It was incredibly delicious.  4 of us shared the dessert.  To be honest after the first, I probably could have stopped.  It doesn't seem like a whole lot when it gets to your table but once you dive in, after eating dinner, it is actually plenty. 
We couldn't help ourselves -- we ordered a SECOND! YUM! It was milk chocolate with Bailey's Irish Creme. Seriously -- I don't know how I will ever eat non-alcoholic chocolate fondue again!
Yes, it was that delicious.

Oh and those BRIGHT yellow things = bananas.  I'm not sure why they are SO colorful in my picture lol.

Our next food adventure came the next morning. J and I wanted toast with our eggs for breakfast. Our toaster quit working about a month ago. SO we don't have a toaster.  Did you know you could toast bread successfully in your oven?! We turned on the broiler and toasted plain bread. it was DELICIOUS. Now we aren't too pressed to buy a toaster lol. We did burn like half a loaf of bread because we weren't paying attention. OOPS!

The last adventure of the weekend pertaining to food was the funniest for me. J didn't find it so amusing.

That is Parmesan cheese EVERYWHERE.
For whatever reason, J decided to shake the Parmesan cheese container.  He made sure ONE side of the lid was tightly closed. He shook and then it snowed in our kitchen.  I couldn't stop laughing and J just stood in the kitchen trying to figure out what just happened. He and most of the kitchen were lightly dusted in Parmesan cheese.  Ruger thought it was the best thing ever haha.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!
Did you have any food adventures??

18 comments:

Katie said...

I love the Melting pots dessert!! Yummo! I don't like cooking their other food though because it takes too long and I get impatient! haha

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Melting Pot and the Milk Chocolate with Baileys is divine!!

Nicole said...

The Melting Pot is to die for!

Ok :)

Yeah my friend one day shook the ketchup bottle... same thing happened, luckily it wasn't my kitchen :)

Amy said...

Yum... i love fondue!

Tami said...

The Melting Pot is SO good!

Café Moka said...

Milk chocolate with Baileys must be SO good!

Unknown said...

I ♥ the melting pot dessert!

Faith said...

i have yet to go to the melting pot! we always say we would but just haven't ...soon i hope!

and too funny about the parmesan cheese! haha.

westcoastsoul said...

Mmm those fondues sound delicious! We do not have melting pot in Canada sadly :(

Emily said...

Don't you just love the melting pot!? How is your house buying/selling going>

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Haha... that mess of cheese is kind of funny - but what a pain!! :)

I have never tried the melting pot, but it looks so good!!

Ashley said...

LOVE the melting pot - had some good college memories there :)

Jessica and Stephan said...

We bought some new flavors of natural honey at the farmers market. I haven't tried them yet, but the smell delicious! We also tried and bought some hungarian turkey sausage. YUMMY.

Holly said...

Wow that restaurant looks amazing. I think I am deprived because I've never had fondue. :(

LOL at the super bright yellow bananas! I'm guessing they weren't actually that colour in reality...?

Michelle said...

LOOKS AMAZING!! I love fondue! Never been to The Melting Pot! I will definitely have to go! :)

Anonymous said...

Bailey's chocolate fondue sounds dreamy! Yum!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

ooo chocolate and booze! cant go wrong!

Unknown said...

Oh my word, I love that place but I haven't been in years! it still looks just as divine, though! xoxo