Friday, May 27, 2011

Easily Distracted by the Excitement of the Impending Weekend

Happy FRIDAY! FINALLY! UGH! this has been such a long week. I'm sure it is because I have been desperately seeking the 3-day weekend. My husband is FINALLY going to get two days off in a row. I'm pretty stoked -- I'm not going to lie. TWO whole GLORIOUS days with my main squeeze! OOO I can hardly contain my excitement!

Meanwhile, here I sit, at my desk, at work. I wish we had season transition breaks -- you know, that first week of each season everyone gets a paid week off. How freaking awesome-sauce would that be?! Yeah that's right -- it would be....side tracked, what was I saying again? Oh right...
J has worked every day for at least the past twenty days. He has to work tomorrow doing HIS company work. But then Sunday and Monday he is ALL MINE. I don't even know if I want to share him.

You know what is a lot of fun -- looking at homes. all of them -- even the nasty ones, where you walk out thinking, someone would need to throw some cash at you before you would make an offer. Yeah, we looked at one of those last night. It wasn't completely bad -- had super potential and the kitchen was ultra cute. BUT yeah it was THAT BIG...it looked like the pretty slate tile was DIY...which I am not against, but it was done poorly. They also put an addition on the house that didn't have central air. The bathrooms were disgusting and would need to be immediately gutted. The master bedroom had a small window -- it felt like the timeout room! It was very interesting haha. Had it been 50K LESS we may have entertained the idea of getting it and completely re-doing the home. THAT would have been a lot of work. In theory it would be great...I don't know that I am ready to take all that on. I am tired. I don't know if I want to take on that kind of project when our days in our current home are numbered. I am tired...have I mentioned that?!
Every time I say that I think of Monster-In-Law when Wanda Sykes says:
" I am sick. I am sick, sick, sick of yo' shit. And when I'm not sick, I'm tired. I am sick and tired"

It makes me giggle, usually during complete silence and then people look at me out of the corner of their eye like I'm a loon. I'm not a loon, I just feel the need to be entertained at all times if I am not sleeping. =) It's a fun quality although I think it catches J off guard because a lot of times, the giggling or comment comes out of the blue...to him, for me I had a completely normal train of thought...

So I'm not 100% sure about what we will do this weekend. My boss invited us out on the lake on Monday with some other people from work. He wants to see J, it has been a while since they got to hang out and he really likes J. I guess it depends what we do on Sunday and how late we are out and whether or not I'm tired...

I have decided that I am going to run a half marathon in December and then the Rock 'n' Roll half marathon in February. I am really intimidated because after the first marathon I ran, I couldn't run for about a month. I'm hoping it was just my body adjusting. I am consistently running 4 miles so I figure if I start training now, I can take a little more time and be Little Miss Amazing by the December race. Then I can sorta take it easy and just keep up my miles for the February race. Anyone else try to run 2 halves that close together? I am hoping to motivate my dad into it and maybe train a little with him. I think I would like to set the goal of running better than my first half. I also didn't sleep or eat well the night before my first half -- seriously may have only gotten 3 hours of sleep. SO I am hoping that I can figure out better eating and get more sleep. I think that all really had an effect on my time.

I realized last night that EVERYTHING in my life becomes a competition. It is ridiculous. While looking at homes, I was so hell bent on making sure everyone loved the house I picked out not the house J picked out. I was being so stubborn I couldn't see good things about the one he picker OR bad things about the one I picked. How silly of me! J and I walked back into the homes on our own to discuss with one another what we did and didn't like about each house. We also discussed furniture position and use of each of the rooms. That helped me not be SUCH a baby and though I pouted inside for a long time, before we made the trip home, I found myself being excited no matter what because it was a new start for J and I and we were looking at beautiful homes that WE liked as a couple. YAY!

I hope you have an amazing 3-day weekend. I can't wait for the day to be over so I can make my way to the store for some wine and head home to snuggle with the man...although after his LONG LONG day, I am pretty sure he will sleep from the moment he gets home until the alarm goes off on Saturday haha. Oh well, I like to snuggle with him anyhow =)
Happy Friday!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Emily said...

I liked looking at houses too. It can be fun and so overwhelming too! Now all I can think about it the house we are under contract on...just waiting to schedule the closing! Happy house hunting and enjoy the weekend with your man! :)

amy said...

Super excited for the 3-Day weekend!!

I'm totally with you, I definitely think we should have a paid week off at the beginning of each season!!

Haha. I do the same thing. There are a lot of movie quotes that stick with me and I use them in my every day conversations...ALL the time. Sometimes this gets me weird looks from other people. But it makes me laugh and that's what matters.

PS. I have even used that Wanda Sykes quote, too!

Happy House Hunting and Happy Friday! Hope this work day goes by fast for the both of us!

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

you can totally do two halfs (or is it halves lol)- super fun time! Good luck house hunting I saw some real gems when we were house hunting (Im talking gameroom carpet that looked like orange and black camo).

J and A said...

I love looking at houses! So fun. Good work on the plan for the runs! You rock. Enjoy your 3 days and time with the hubs. :)

Copyboy said...

Houses our a passion of mine too. Even though I can only afford a crappy 1 bedroom in NYC. haha. Made you new blog of the day.

Megan said...

I love looking at houses, too! We plan to move in a year or two, so we are constantly looking at them online!!

Have a great two days with your man!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Looking at houses is so much fun!

I hope you have a great long weekend.

Unknown said...

I hope the two of you had an amazing weekend together! I know how much you miss him and I don't blame you for not wanting to share :) Good luck with the house hunting-it is so much fun! xoxo

Katie said...

I'm the same way with competition! Also congrats on deciding to do the 2 halves! that's awesome!!