Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{Mini-Tutorial} DIY Chunky Necklace

I have been wanting a big chunky necklace SO badly! I have searched high and low and gone to many different stores.  To my dismay, I just was NOT finding what I was looking for; Then the lightbulb came on! I will DIY it IF only I can find the right pieces.  Back to searching I went and this is what I found:
HELLO! Clearance section! I took most of the pieces apart using needlenose jewelry pliers -- the black flower off the necklace, the blue flower off the ring, the silver flowers off the earrings.
I laid them out on the table to decide how I wanted it to look.
Then, using the jump rings I bought, I attached them to one another.  I also used some of the chain for necklace that had come with the black flower brooch.
Here is the final result
I did end up taking some of the little gold pieces off when I wore it to my cousin's wedding this weekend.  I received dozens of compliments.  I LOVE the way it turned out!! I can't wait to wear it again =)
 
And I am now finding I don't have a REALLY good straight on shot of the necklace lol. Oh well - you get the idea!
This is a great, inexpensive and easy project, ESPECIALLY if you are adventurous enough to take jewelery apart and make something entirely different! =)
Photobucket




26 comments:

J and A said...

I LOVE it!! I want to try! Good finds and what a great idea!!! Love it seriously!

Katie said...

This is so funny! I totally did this exact thing..bought all the pieces I wanted MONTHS ago and the necklace and I cannot figure out for the life of me how to attach the brooches to the necklaces without them sliding around. How did you get each flower to stay put?! I love how it turned out!! super cute!

Café Moka said...

Wow, your necklace is so cute!

amy said...

That is super cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!

ty said...

I am SO impressed with your craftiness!!!! I want to try this now!

Sam W. said...

oh my word...it looks amazing!! great job :)

Betty said...

Love the necklace! So creative and unique!

Kristen said...

Wow, that looks great! And to think I bought mine...haha

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

WOW that looks excellent! I would hav never thought to do that!

Christina said...

Turned out great Ash!!

Nicole said...

Super cute! I want one! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! So creative and fabulous!

Ashley said...

whoa! i am seriously impressed. this looks gorgeous! im going to be on the lookout for pieces now!

Faith said...

wow that looks good! you never cease to amaze me!

Michelle (michabella) said...

OMG!!! Look at you!!!! LOVE IT!! :)

Hey, there is a little blogger meetup Friday at Muchos mexican in Downtown at 8pm if you and CHristina are interested!!

Amy said...

Very cute... all these DIY's have me sick with jealousy. I used to do that stuff all the time but havent made the time!

Keep it up, because I am loving your ideas!

Fash Boulevard said...

hey ashley. super excited i found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

BeckyJo606 said...

SO cute! I love this idea!! And, the best part is you could mix and match it if you wanted! Love love love it!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Kellianne said...

Simply stunning! I love the creativity--it's so beautiful, and looks so professional!

tinkeranniebelle.blogspot.com

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

This looks great!

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said...

That is fantastic! I love it! I saw a similar necklace at Ann Taylor a while ago but of course I'm NOT interested in paying an Ann Taylor price ;-) I like yours even better! So cute!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a fabulous necklace!! It looks great! I'm going to explore your blog some more :) Would love if you'd stop by mine sometime!!

Dana said...

So fabulous! You're so creative.

Unknown said...

wow that necklace is amazing. i love it so much!!! I would love to make something like that. Great job!