Thursday, May 26, 2011

Surprises Are Happy

Ever read that book as a child:
“Alexander and the Terrible-Horrible-No-Good-Very-Bad Day”?
That is how some of my recent days have felt. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing to be down about. Things are moving in the direction we want and things are gradually starting to fall into place. I have an amazing family, an unbelievably fabulous husband who thinks the world of me, a great group of friends. I’m fully employed, my car works and my puppy thinks I’m the greatest owner ever.
Still, I have struggled – yesterday I struggled a lot. There is this silly little thing that keeps popping back up in my life. It frustrates me. It makes me want to scream; it makes me want to cry. Yesterday was tough. I wanted to post about it because I want y’all to know that my life isn’t always rainbows and sunshine, I want to be real…As you know, I didn’t post about it. I ate a double cheeseburger and went running instead after work. By the end of the day I was happy.
I still considered posting about some of the struggles of late, but then I logged on this morning and there is a LOT of negativity out there in bloggy-land. SO I decided to forego my struggles for this Friday Eve and share with you the surprise birthday dinner I helped organize for my MF (Medium Friend dirty minds!) on Tuesday night.

Her husband contacted me late last week to try to set something up for her actual birthday. Her family had plans and John (her husband) was supposed to playing softball in his Tuesday night league. She was convinced that she wouldn’t be able to have a birthday dinner on her birthday. BUT she was being supportive and being ultra positive about the situation. Meanwhile, we (John and I) were contacting as many of her friends as we could to have them surprise her at her favorite restaurant – Kobe’s Japanese Steakhouse. First – how amazingly sweet is her husband for setting up a surprise birthday dinner for her?! Yeah he’s pretty awesome in my book – major cool points for him =)
 
John even wore his softball uniform to trick Christina haha
        
She was VERY surprised. He had told her they were stopping there to get Sushi to go…and there we were – waiting for her in the bar =) I am so glad I could be a part of this surprise. After dinner a bunch of us went to get some yummy FroYo. FYI -- don't go to a frozen yogurt place that is right next to a Tijuana Flats on Taco Tuesday...seriously -- it was a ZOO! But we all enjoyed our froyo and the birthday girl was happy. Priorities were met -- and we had some great friend moments.
Now if only we could get through the rest of the week so we can start our three day weekend! WOO!!
Oh and Tonight The Husband and I are going to look at homes!!! I am SO excited I could pee! but I won't. aren't you happy?! haha
Happy Friday Eve!
Photobucket

11 comments:

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

I am glad you won't be pee'in yourself LOL Excited for you!!! Glad to see that you aren't letting the negativity get ya down girlfrannnn... I have been negative here, too recently :( MAJOR FAIL! I hope to be more positive like you soon!!!!!

amy said...

Hope things get better for you!

Have fun looking at houses tonight!! :)

BeckyJo606 said...

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time, friend! I was there with you last week, for sure! I think you are so sweet to have helped out a friend for her surprise birthday party!! I love the idea so much! :)

Kristen said...

Well it's good that you're focusing on the positive! :) I hope things start looking up for you! And have SO much fun house searching - good luck!

Christina said...

Yay! Thanks again :)

Happy House Hunting! Can't wait to hear about it tomorrow!!

Betty said...

Maybe there is something going around...because I was in bit of a funk myself these past few weeks...but I think I'm starting to dig myself out. Try to focus on the positive...like fun house hunting! :)

Nicole said...

awe, that is so nice! And I love the hubs even wore his uniform to throw her off. That's super!

Stephanie and Such said...

Love Alexander and the terrible, no good very bad day! Such a cute little book. I know somedays I am like gessshh odds are against me!

And happy (almost) 3 day weekend!! I wish I was doing something cool!

Love your blog! And the pictures below are SOOO cute!!

April Rowell said...

Very excited for your house hunting adventure! It's fun!

Jessica and Stephan said...

yay for surprises! They are also so much fun! although I spend most of the time worrying that they will find out....

Michelle (michabella) said...

How fun!!!! What sushi place did yall go to?! And I am LOVING your hair! :)