Thursday, January 6, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 6 -- Getting Organized


It's not too late! Link up with Kit and MJ for the 11 in 2011 blog Challenge!
Day 6: Getting Organized
Ok so I have a confession.  I feign organization. That's right folks, I look like I have it together, but underneath it all I don't.  Not even a little!  BUT I will provide you with a list of things I TRY to do in the hopes of being organized.
{1} Make a List! Try to make only ONE list a day. I have a bad habit of making multiple lists and having more than one piece of paper and then things are missed/lost/etc! I'm trying to be more organized FOR real this year =)
{2} Use a Notebook! To avoid having 20 pieces of paper, use a small notebook and keep it in your purse (if you're a lady lol) =) I got a cute small one from 'Santa' for Christmas and I have already started using it!
{3} Create a Filing System! We have a filing cabinet at the house. I have to get better about USING it! I have lots of folders in there with labels and everything. I just don't file in a timely manner.  I am getting better about it, as I need to, since J and I are taking over his business book keeping starting the first of this year.
{4} Sort by Style and Color! Yes, I am one of those people who sort all my clothes by style and color in my closet.  It's just SO much easier to see what I haven't worn since doing laundry lol! AND it's makes it easier to get ready in the morning or if I'm looking for something specific.

{5} Get a Calendar! I still haven't bought my calendar to hang in our Kitchen for 2011 and I feel SO lost! I HAVE to buy one like TODAY! haha =)
What do you do to keep you the most organized??

17 comments:

... said...

I definitely need to learn to take my own tips on organization. I do the same thing with lists. I make them and then lose them and then have to make them again. I also try to make lists for things not for that day, and that definitely doesn't work...

nomo wino daph said...

Great post!!!

I blogged today about organization too!
GMTA, LOL!!!

Have a great day:)

JMB said...

I actually have a small tablet I keep in my purse (it is essential to have!)

AND one of those small accordian folders to file like reciepts and tax return forms and W2's in from the year annnd like my birth certificate -- it really helps because I am ALL over the place!!

I thought I was thee only one who made 3 or 4 "to-do" lists.....you are my new best friend hahaha

Jocelyn said...

Calendars are my favorite and I even love to highlight each task by color (social events, work, trips, etc.)

Roeshel said...

Great tips! I don't blog about organization. I live in chaos. lol One of these days - I'll get it together! ;)

Have a great day, Ashley!

Roeshel

Unknown said...

I, too, am completely obsessed with color coding everything. Even my hubby's closet is color coded, but I majored in Fashion Merchandising so I gues that's to be expected! :) Have a blessed day! xoxo

Caroline said...

I cannot live without a calendar. It's a must have!

Sam W. said...

lists and a shared google calendar withe husband keep us organized and in the know!

Nicole said...

haha stay organized.... um.... I'm not sure I do that very well... although last night my husband threw out an idea for something that I'd so already thought of. I loved it :) we were on the same wave length for organizing some of my kitchen gadgets :)

Kit said...

Calendar/ planners are a must everyday item for me too!

Anonymous said...

I love the notebook idea, but I also like being able to get rid of the paper when the list is done (or at least mostly done and rewritten!)

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I don't think too many people would understand the excitement I had when our little boutique had the 2011 planner and calendar I wanted!

Megan said...

I sort my closet by style and color and I love it! My hubby thought I was crazy at first, but now I see him hanging his clothes up by color...haha! He must love it, too!!

star said...

I always carry a notebook in my purse! I also sort by color and style, it's so much easier to find things this way!

20 YORK STREET said...

These are fantastic ideas... I just actually have to do them!

=)

besos,

ML
Happy, Happy New Year!

20 YORK STREET

Jenni said...

I have a little notebook in my purse and it's so helpful!

Scientific Housewife said...

I love being organized and these are great tips!