Tuesday, January 4, 2011

11 in 2011: Day 4 -- Best Leftovers


It's not too late! Link up with Kit and MJ for the 11 in 2011 blog Challenge!
Day 4: Best Leftovers
For the LONGEST time I didn't eat leftovers.  I don't take my food home in a doggie bag from restaurants. It's never as good the next day.
Recently, in an effort to eat out less at lunch (especially on days I am running late) I have started taking leftovers.  I'm SUPER picky about what I'll eat as my leftover. 

*Anything that is pasta related, I'll take as a leftover. Spaghetti ESPECIALLY. 
*I also LOVE chili leftover -- but chili in general is pretty amazing =)
*Chicken & Rice meal we make -- found here

I think that about covers it -- I'm not big into leftovers, as I said.  I'm still really picky about it. 
The other reason I don't eat a WHOLE lot of leftovers is that J and I have figured out how to cook for 2 people, so there isn't usually enough leftover for another meal.

What do you suggest for leftovers??

9 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

OOOH!!! Pasta and chili make great leftovers. I am bad at leftovers too...unless it is from a restaurant. I love to add to leftovers like if we had tacos or extra chicken from dinner I just add a bunch of veggies or spinach to turn it into a salad. Thanks for the grocery shopping tips:) P.S. I LOVE your wedding dress and flowers, you are simply gorgeous!

Nicole said...

I'm not a big leftover person either... can we say yuck! but I hate throwing food out too so I'm starting to learn to deal with leftovers :)

star said...

I don't eat leftovers, because my husband HATES them! But a couple times I've had lefover steak, and I cut it into pieces, fry it with potatoes, and make it into burritos! It's really good!

Loving your blog!!

Michelle (michabella) said...

Its National Spaghetti Day!

I am very picky about leftovers too! :P

Anonymous said...

I think some things are horrible the next day, but pasta and chili are good the next day...

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

I love teriyaki leftovers....so much.

Megan said...

Pasta is about the only thing I'll eat leftover! I ate my baked ravioli for leftovers and it was DELISH!

Anonymous said...

I used to love having leftovers when I cooked but now the husband eats it all! Oh well, I guess I prefer him over the leftovers!

Kit said...

Chili leftover is a great idea!