Monday, January 24, 2011

Project 52: Week 3 &
Recipe:: The Messiest Cookies EVER

Project 52: Week 3 - Self Portrait

I saw a link on FB from Becky Bakes, who happened to find this next amazing recipe:

{RECIPE} - The Messiest Cookies EVER: A.K.A.

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
10 oz bag chocolate chips
1 pkg. Oreo cookies


-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.

-In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. 
-Using a cookie scoop (or small spoon), take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. 
-Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. 
-Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.  ** I found that it was easier if you had flour on your hands.  This way the dough doesn't stick to you.  Beware -- I had flour ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
-Place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown.
-Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.


These are AMAZING! AND they are perfect with a cold glass of milk =) The Husband thinks I am THE Greatest Ever ♥
Let me know if you try the recipe out!
**Original Recipe found at Picky Palate
Photobucket

15 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

those look DEEELICCCIOUSSS!! omg i'm making those!

i'm lazy and when i'm baking sugar cookies i just crumble up oreos into the mix before i bake them and they come out delicious..but those look heavenly!

thanks for the recipe! and love the self portrait!

xoxox

Christina said...

I love you for posting this. Seriously! I can't wait to try these!!

Unknown said...

Those look so yummy!

Allison said...

YUMMMMM-O, those cookies look delish! :D After basic, my husband has a new found sweet tooth! I may have to make these for him before my next visit! :D

Pink Champagne, Gatorade, and MRE's said...

OH MY GOD

Nicole said...

Oh those look yummy!!

Sam W. said...

what a great cookie idea!! my husband would love these.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh...those look like heaven! Oreos = one of my favorite things. Cookies = one of my favorite things. NOW THEY CAN BE TOGETHER!!!! Haha! Can't wait to try them!!

Anonymous said...

I love how I keep starring posts about dessert recipes while I'm on a diet! Ha! Those look AMAZING! Yummy :)

Faith said...

OMG! I want to make those cookies sooo bad! OMG! I will make them one of these days ... thanks for the recipe!

Ashley said...

oh. my. gosh. I should have used this instead of the recipe I posted today. girrrrrl my tast buds are DANCING! Your blog is so cute! love love it!

Unknown said...

Those look sinful! Have a blessed week! XOXO

Caroline at Her Own Eden said...

I made these last night and they were amazing!!! I am blogging about it today, but don't worry I am giving you full credit for this discovery! :)

thanks so much for sharing!

d.a.r. said...

Thanks for the blog comment!! I super puffy heart finding new blogs to read :) And holy crap, those cookies look amazing. My husband loves oreos and chocolate chip cookies. This could win me wife of the year!

Bree said...

Oh my gosh, my boyfriend would die for these. I bake a lot and he definitely enjoys the benefits :)