Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birthday Recap & 2 Product Reviews

So I am want some wine...badly! We went to Maggiano's last night for Jessica's birthday.  The food was fabulous -- the service...eh, not so much. Actually it was borderline terrible.  I was horribly disappointed.  I feel like when you have that kind of dining experience, you are going there for more than the food.  We aren't talking about some secret hole-in-the-wall restaurant that you heard about from your friend's brother's ex! This is Maggiano's!! The food was phenomenal though =)



They mix red wine with the oil to dip your bread
J had the Rustic Chicken & Shrimp -- SO YUMMY!
I had the Crab & Shrimp Cannelloni
Birthday Girl!


Oh and I ordered a GLASS of wine...it was like a shot of wine =( I was SO sad! AND it was $8! LAME! I was told that it was so small because it was a dessert wine.  I don't care what kind of wine it was I wanted a GLASS! =/ Oh well it was very tasty.

Alright so I tried 2 other types of dry shampoo.  I tried Big Sexy Hair:
This was the result of using it...

I had to wear my hair up because it looked heavy and a little dirty =/ I tried messing with it 3 different times and didn't really like the results any of the times =/

I also tried this one based on a recommendation from a co-worker. It's called Pssst!  I could only find it at Walgreen's but it's $6!!!! and a big can too!
This was the result of that use:

I am MUCH happier with this product AND it's inexpensive! =)

Tomorrow night I plan on being on my couch with The Husband, watching movies and drinking REAL glasses of wine =)
Photobucket

14 comments:

Katie said...

We had horrible service at the Maggiano's here in Orlando as well... and haven't been back since. But the first time we dined there was in California and had a wonderful experience. It's always disappointing when the food is great but the service is horrendous! On a side note... did you make Jessica that wallet?

Christina said...

I've never been to Maggiano's...where is it?

Nice that the dry shampoo is working! I might have to try some so my hair doesn't look so yuck after I run at lunch. I usually just throw it back and look like a mess :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

I LOVELOVELOVE Pssst! :) And yes it can only be found at Walgreens. Trust me, I have searched elsewhere. And I *LOVE* Maggianos! I havent been there in FOREVER!

Have a lovely day!

Emily said...

I LOVE Maggiano's and wish we had one closer to us! Sorry your service was horrible, at least the food was great though!

Ashley said...

I love reading your blog! I have a suggestion though...for those of us who have FB blocked at work *ahem*me*ahem*...it's tough reading some of your posts, because all the pictures show up as big red x's! :(

Young and Fabulous said...

awww you look beeeeutiful my love!!

sorry about your bad service at dinner! they need to create a Waiter University for some people! haha i kid i kid!

I've used Rock-a-holic dry shampoo before..LOVE LOVE it..yours came out great!

xoxox

Nicole said...

hmmm I just might have to look into that dry shampoo... what can it hurt?

JMB said...

I used Big and Sexy hair spray one time and I felt like it made my hair greasy and trust me I am ALL OIL so I do not need the extra help haha. I am craving a glass of wine too!! Preferbly Pignot or Savinguon Blanc!!

Anonymous said...

That food does look so good! Sorry about the miniature glass of wine! That stinks!

Megan said...

I definitely need to invest in some Pssst! Your hair looks awesome!

Scientific Housewife said...

Sorry you had such bad service, I hate when I get excited and then service ruins it. Great product reviews!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

You look beautiful :)

♥ Marcy ♥ said...

I have been wanting to try dry shampoo but I was freightened! I am going to get something weekend and try it! You look gorgeous girl!!!!

Unknown said...

We LOVE some Maggiano's!! Family Style is the best! I use that Big Sexy Hair dry shampoo and I'm not really that crazy about it either. It feels dirty to me, but my sister gives it to me because she owns a "Sexy Hair" salon, so I take it :) Have a blessed weekend! xoxo