Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Singing Machine & WILW

So yesterday I was a BIG tease!! It's OK I know. =)
We didn't get washed away by the FOUR INCHES OF RAIN AN HOUR, so I made it to the 'performance'. I have been singing with my brother-in-law at a local bar here in Orlando.
Larry got the gig originally and we went and watched him.  It made me want to get back to singing in a VERY bad way! So after that first night, I got with him and told him I would LOVE to sing if ever he wanted to take a break and just play guitar.  He was definitely up for that. 
So on Tuesday nights for the past 2 weeks I have been singing acoustically at this bar.  =) Every week I get fewer and fewer butterflies!! It's been amazing! 2 out of 3 weeks, our close family friend (who also took our amazing wedding pictures) has been coming up and taking pictures -- I will share a few =)
The set list for the first night was:
Marry Me - Train
Stay - Sugarland
Familiar Taste of Poison - Halestorm
Lucky - Jason Mraz (Larry) & Colbie Caillat (Me)
    
  
It was a short list but I didn't know how it would go AND we had limited time to practice/learn songs.
The second week:
Lucky - Jason Mraz (Larry) & Colbie Caillat (Me)
Marry Me - Train Stay - Sugarland
Familiar Taste of Poison - Halestorm
My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
Undo It - Carried Underwood
  
Last night -- we didn't have our photographer =/ because it was trying to monsoon, haha! =) We had a decent crowd and they changed the sound systems a little which made a HUGE difference.  I already can't wait to go back!!
Set List Last Night:
Undo It - Carried Underwood
Lucky - Jason Mraz (Larry) & Colbie Caillat (Me)
Familiar Taste of Poison - Halestorm
Stay - Sugarland
Bob Marley Medley (I sang harmony -- Larry was lead)
Fully Alive - Flyleaf
Awake & Alive - Skillet (I sang the entire song)

SO NEXT FRIDAY (the 4th), if you are in the CFL area and don't have anything to do, we'll be playing again! =) Email me for the location/time: lifeaftertheaisle@gmail.com


Link up with Jamie check out to see what everyone else is loving!!!!

**I'm Loving my AMAZING husband.  We have been through a lot this first year of marriage and through it all he has been supportive and patient and helpful. 

**I'm Loving that my STEELERS are in the SUPER BOWL!!! Third time in SIX years!!! WOOO!!! I'm SO excited!! They are now tied with Dallas (ick) for the number of times making an appearance at The Big Game
Steelers Country Pictures, Images and Photos

**I'm Loving that I have been able to start singing again -- thanks to my brother-in-law sharing his 'lime light' with me =)

**I'm Loving my amazing families -- yes both.  They are supportive and loving and accepting of the 'new' child in the family
 
**I'm Loving my wonderful friends.  We always have such a fabulous time together -- whether it be group activities or girl's nights
**I'm Loving that it's halfway through the week!

**I'm Loving Bruno Mars -- his voice is like velvet!

Go link up and share what you're loving!!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Christina said...

Yay you sang Bob Marley! ;) The storm wasn't nearly as bad as they said in our area.

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

I love your blog! I'm currently planning my wedding and all butterflies/glitter/super excited - it's nice to know that life only gets BETTER after the big shindig wedding day!! :)

www.travel-babbles.com

Nicole said...

Congrats on the singing gig! I could never sing in front of people... I did karaoke once and it was so freaking nerve racking and I wasn't even by myself... LOL

Lindsay said...

how fun to be singing! You rock girl! Keep it up (oh and thanks for the sweet comment...)

Michelle (michabella) said...

That is so amazing that you are out there singing again!!! How fun!! I love live music! What bar?? ;)

Ashley said...

I love Bruno Mars, too! I also saw on your set list that you sang Marry Me by Train. I'm loving that song a lot.

Allison said...

Bruno Mars is one of my favorites right now!!! :D It's great to have good families, my in laws have been so amazing to me while Ryan has been away. :D

Jocelyn said...

Congrats are starting to sing again! I bet your amazing!

DaisyJo said...

Heeeey,
So yeah--the rain last night was CRAZY! Looks like you still managed to have some fun-Lucky is one of my favorite songs.
(always fun to find another CFL blogger!)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could sing well! That looks like so much fun!

BJJ said...

What bar is this at?? I want to come see!! We need to have a Blogger meet-up w/ you, me, and Michelle (Living A Life Of Love). Yay! peace&love

pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

Faith said...

Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow! :)

That looks like so much fun! I use to sing all the time, they say you lose it if you don't use it! :(

I love "Marry Me" by Train. Such a beautiful song!

April Rowell said...

I, too, love Bruno Mars and I'm excited for you about your singing! It's so nerve racking but so fun once you get up there! keep it up!!! :)

Natalie said...

You are SO brave to get up in front of people and sing! I bet you were awesome! :)

Megan said...

Ahhhh, congrats!! That is SO amazing! You should get someone to video and give us a peek! Especially since some of us (me) live way too far away to come and see!!

Holly said...

Looks like great fun! :D

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

You look so cute when you sing! I love it :) Colbie is one of my favorite female vocalists, too!

Thanks for entering the giveaway!!

Lindsay said...

I was thinking the same thing as Megan..would love a video of a performance! Sounds like you are having a fabulous week :)

Sam W. said...

i think you should post a video!! i'm way too scared to sing in public, way to go :)

Michelle (michabella) said...

I am totally going to try and make it next Friday :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE the song Marry Me by Train!
I wanna hear you sing! Post it!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome that you sing at a local bar-I love it! Wish I could come and hear you! I am a HUGE Steelers fan, too, and I am ecstatic that they are going to the Super Bowl again! Yay! xoxo