Friday, January 14, 2011

J & A Chronicles: Engagement Party
& a Product Review

Happy Friday All!!! It's a beautiful crisp day here in Central Florida -- the perfect day to tell you about our engagement party! =) 
It was hosted by my sister (Maid of Honor) and my parents, with the help of 2 of my 3 bridesmaids. It was a very HUMID day in August 2009 but we had a great time hanging out and socializing with our friends and family whom we hoped would attend the biggest day of our lives.


 
  
  
I have lots more pictures at home and I think we had at least 60 people at our house, but this is just a 'summary'  it was so happy and we had such a great time! Some of the people who made it for the engagement party couldn't make it to the wedding but we were happy they could celebrate with us in some form. =)

Now onto my product review.  I have gotten into a bad habit of staying in bed too long.  I can't help it.  J's all snuggled up with me in our amazingly comfy bed...I just can't bring myself to get up haha.  So I was telling my friend Anng about my dilemma and how it's making me late because I HAVE to shower.  No seriously -- if I don't, it looks like I just finished working out -- ie: GREASEY hair! ick! She told me about dry shampoo.  I had heard of it but never have I been brave enough to try it.  Well last night she convinced me to buy some.  I bought this:
I got it at Sephora but I think you can get it at Ulta.  I used it this morning and this is what my hair looks like:
I have to say I am PLEASANTLY surprised! The thing is...the girl at Sephora said it smelled really good.  Let's be real here people, it smells EXACTLY like Pledge.  That's not a happening smell for my head.  My other dislike of this product is that it was $11 for this little thing!!!  Anng said she uses Big Sexy Dry Shampoo.  I am going to try that and/or Pssst that my co-worked told me about. The best thing about shopping at Sephora/Ulta.  If you use a product and hate it for some reason, they take returns -- yes, this includes stuff you have used/tried. So for those ladies out there that are hesitant to try new products because of return policies, shop at Sephora or Ulta, and you can return the product =)
I intend to return it tonight or tomorrow and trying a new one =) I'll let you know what I find!

Enjoy your Friday!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

CUTE pics!!! My absolute favorite Dry Shampoo ( Sadly I ran out this morning when I needed it! ) is Psssssst! Dry Shampoo. You can get it at Walgreens and its like $5! A-mazing! Try it :)

westcoastsoul said...

I love dry shampoo! I've used a couple of different brands and neither smell the greatest. My fave is batiste. I used it constantly when I was traveling in Europe.

Laura said...

Hi! Just found your blog from Southern Soul Mates and can't wait to start following along! I have the same issue (with staying in bed too long) and have been meaning to try dry shampoo! I'll have to go check some out!

Anonymous said...

I'm in need of dry shampoo!! I think I'll try the Big Sexy Dry Shampoo. They're my fav brand...

Unknown said...

A friend of mine talks about this all the time and I thought she was crazy. Now I am seeing it in blogland. I should try it out!! My hair is so thick and wavy it takes FOREVER to dry, maybe this is my answer.

BTW...Your hair looked great!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your engagement party was fun! I need to try dry shampoo! It would save me a lot of time!

Ashley said...

Please keep me updated! I have baby fine hair that looks like an oil slick if I skip a shower! No showering would rule :)

Jessica and Stephan said...

Looks like you had an awesome engagement party!

Just a Jersey Girl said...

I may have to try dry shampoo one of these days..somedays I just don't want to get out of bed lol

Megan said...

I love the cake! That is SO cute! Looks like ya'll had an amazing party!

I'd love to try some dry shampoo! I have been "snoozing" my alarm a lot more lately, thus making me late for work!! Let me know what kind you try!

Nicole said...

I've never tried or I'm not even sure I've heard of dry shampoo. I may have to look into this. Now I did hear about stuff similar to baby powder that will take out the oiliness of the hair and allow you to wear your do a bit longer. Never tried that either.

We never had an engagement shower... I think I missed out on that part of the whole ordeal. Oh well.

Bride Flu said...

Go Steelers!!!! :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I've never tried dry shampoo but now I might.

And that cake looked like it was so good.

Holly said...

I have never used dry shampoo, and I don't think I ever will. My hair is SUPER curly and needs to actually be WET every morning so it looks presentable! :)

Faith said...

we didn't have an engagement party! yours looked like a great time!

i've never heard about dry shampoo. what an interesting concept!

Courtney said...

Tresemme has a great dry shampoo from their "fresh start" collection! I love it! Just make sure you brush after you spray or else your hair will turn gray (until it is brushed)! Of course it probably shows more on my brown hair!