Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DIY Candy Jar

I have seen many apothecary-type candy jars that are super cute.  I wanted one for work BUT I didn't need 3 like the tutorials I have seen.  I also wanted the jar to be big enough that you could put your hand in it to get the candy out.
So I browsed the Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby and here is what I found:

Vase: $1 @ Dollar Tree
Base -- 2 (1 for base & 1 for lid): $1 each
Smaller Base (for lid): $0.50
Wooden Candlestick (for base): $2.99
Wooden Knob: $0.25 (left over from Leash Hanger project)
Ribbon: $0.50 per roll
Paint: Had at the house
Project Total: $8.75
I used my Cricut to cut out "Happy Halloween" and free hand cut out the 'shadow' portion.  I used silver paint thinking I will be able to use this candy jar throughout the year by changing the ribbons and phrase. =)  I am going to eventually make one (or two) for the house =)





BWS tips button  
NightOwlCrafting

7 comments:

Curly J said...

That looks awesome!! I wish we had room for stuff like that.. I guess I could make a smaller one though. Yesterday I did buy 3 of the mini little display pumpkins, their real but not eating ones... they look so cute!!

Amber D said...

What a great job! It looks great! I found you on You Make Stuff.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a darling idea. I love it!

Tutti said...

Love!! And how great to have so much versatility. Candy canes, Smarties, Candy Corn, lollipops-- the ideas are endless (along with the ribbon color choices). Nice work sweets <-- yes, I'm punny.

Faith said...

that is so awesome! i want one! make me one, hehe!!! :)

yeah, i've learned that having candy around the house is such bad news. very bad news!

Sam said...

This is so cute! What a great idea :)

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

How cute and CREATIVE! I just stumbled upon your blog after your profile caught my eye... I'm a newlywed myself and lovin every minute of my "life after the aisle!" Look forward to following you! :)