Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Restaurant: Chipotle

Yesterday for lunch, I ventured out of my comfort zone.  I am most definitely a creature of habit when it comes to my food intake, mostly because I tend to be very picky.  My co-worker has Chipotle at least once a week and raves about it.  Up until yesterday, I had never partook because I didn't like the way the only one I had ever been in smelled.
I walked into the establishment across the street from my office, and to my surprise, it smelled yummy.  Still a little timid, I stared at the surprisingly small and straight-forward menu for at least ten minutes.  The guy behind the counter was friendly and explained all the hotness differences of each food and salsa.   He suggested the burrito bowl, as that is what most of the ladies that come in order.  But WHY would they call it a burrito bowl if there is not BURRITO SHELL?!  very strange.
I finally ordered -- I GINORMOUS chicken burrito.  I had RICE in it -- shocking to those of you who know I think rice is a waste of stomach space -- black beans, the medium salsa, cheese and sour cream. It was seriously a MONDO burrito:
Look at all that rice!!! It was very yummy!  I have to admit I was very skeptical but in the end, was pleasantly surprised. 
I have officially started my attempt at trying 20 new restaurants =)  After this wonderful experience, I am very much looking forward to the next!

12 comments:

Christina said...

Good job for branching out! I hope it was all as you ordered it ;) Have you had Moe's? I think they're much better than Chipotle, although I have found that I like the vegetarian tacos recently. It's the flavor of the meat that keeps me from being fond of Chipotle.

Fun fact: John and I's first dinner as a couple was at Chipotle...much to my (secret) disgust hehe, but he picked it, so I went with it :)

Katie said...

I've been addicted to chipotle since the day they opened in Florida! lol. I am one of those ladies who gets the "bowl" and love it because I can normally make 2 if not 3 meals out of it!!! Glad you found a new restaurant you like!

♥ ashley said...

Gosh that looks just delicious!! I have never had Chipotle before but I want to sooo bad! YUM.

Ms. Emmy N said...

How fun to try 20 new restaurants! Chipotle is one of my favorites but I always go for the bowl to try and feel a bit more healthy ~ Thanks for the Bengals support by the way :)

Tutti said...

So funny that you should write about this. Just yesterday Faith, Kathy, I swapped about 20 emails about Chipotle- how we love it, crave it, and want to eat it all the time. :) And as luck would have it, I have one only a tiny 1.5 blocks from our new condo. Dangerous? Yes. Yummy. Totally.

Ashley said...

Oh lord, I could live on Chipotle alone! I love it.

Melissa said...

Chipotle is one of my favorite restaurants! SOOOO good!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Did you eat the whole thing? I usually eat the whole thing and feel like such a pig. But it's so good. I usually get the barbacoa beef with pinto beans, hot salsa, tomatoes, and cheese.

Amber said...

Chipotle is my favorite of all the burrito places. SO yummy!!! :)

Faith said...

OMG!!! You're offically my girl! I am sure you know Tami and Kathy from PW! We email all day at work talking about how much we want Chipotle and will eat it every day! I had it on Tuesday and am sooo tempted to have it again tomorrow. It is the best!

Nikki said...

I've never had Chipotle. They just opened one down the street. Now it is getting close to lunch and I am tempted to go try!

Amelia said...

if you liked chipotle try Tijuana Flats if they have on near you seriously the best tex-mex food you will ever have outside of Texas