Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peanut Butter & Chocolate Trifle

I found this recipe yesterday while browsing the Kraft Foods website. I originally wanted to attempt creme brulee...however, I am scared of the broiler and I don't have a double boiler SO...I had to come up with something else.  It had to be something J would enjoy as today is his birthday and I wanted a yummy alternative to cake! Lo and behold, a trifle! yay!! AND the best part is I will be able to use my our new trifle dish! EEEP!!


Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 20 mins

Makes: 12 servings @ 2/3 cup ea


STUFF FOR YUMMINESS
1 pkg, (3.9 oz) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 pkg. (3.9 oz) JELL-O Vanilla Instant Pudding
3 cups cold milk -- divided (1.5 c ea)
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip Tolling, Thawed, divided into quarters
Chips Ahoy! Cookies, chopped (I just broke mine up as I added them)
1 or 2 Bananas (optional)
Chocolate Syrup (optional)
2 Medium Mixing Bowls
1 Trifle Dish or 2 qt. serving bowl

READY, SET, MAKE!
1. Empty Pudding mixes, each, into a medium bowl
2. add 1.5 cups of milk to each
3. Beat with whisk approximately 2 minutes
4. Add Peanut Butter to Vanilla pudding mixture, mixing until well blended
5. stir in 1/4 of Cool Whip into each pudding mixture
6. Spoon Chocolate pudding mixture into Trifle Dish
7. slice up the Banana (if you opted for them) and create banana layer on Chocolate pudding layer
8. Cover with 1/2 the remaining Cool Whip
9. Layer with Chips Ahoy! cookies
10. Repeat layers using the Vanilla Peanut Butter mix
11. REFRIGERATE!!!
12. (optional) When serving, drizzle chocolate syrup over it for a little extra happiness

J and I agree that it's an AMAZING alternative to cake.  It takes a LOT less time!  We had some last night, I know it wasn't his birthday BUT it just looked so yummy-licious! It most certainly was!  AND this was a NEW recipe which means I am 1 down of my new recipes attempts! WOO! =) Seriously -- you should try it = super easy and super yummy!

7 comments:

Amber said...

This looks like a great easy recipe for a football party! I might have to try that this weekend. :)

Tutti said...

I think I just drooled on myself.

Melissa said...

That looks delicious and easy to make!

Faith said...

looks sooo delicious. i want some now!!!

Ms. Emmy N said...

That looks AMAZING!! Thank goodness none of our pots and pans have arrived to our new condo yet, or I would be making that for lunch :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that looks so good! I need to buy a trifle dish because I always like them :)

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

::drool...::