Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Recipe} Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

While the chicken was boiling for our Casserole, I mixed up some Pumpkin Spice Muffins and cream cheese frosting.  I have seen the recipe a couple times and decided last night that I would be adventurous.  I used the recipe found at The Pioneer Woman.

{INGREDIENTS}
::Muffins::
1 c. All-Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Salt
4 tablespoons Butter, cut into pieces
1 c. Pumpkin Puree
1/2 c. evaporate milk
1 whole Egg
1-1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
---------------------------------------------------
::Topping::
2 tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoons Nutmeg
---------------------------------------------------
::Cream Cheese Frosting::
1/4 c. softened Butter
4 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 lbs powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

{INSTRUCTIONS}
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In one mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. 
Mix in butter (do not melt the butter).
In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg and vanilla.
Pour pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture. 
Fold gently until mixture is just combined.

Pour into generously greased muffin pan.  This recipe only makes enough batter for 12 muffins.
Mix Cinnamon/Sugar/Nutmeg  together and sprinkle the topping over the batter in the muffin cups.
Bake for 25 minutes.  Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.

To make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix all ingredients on high until soft and whipped.  Spread onto completely cooled muffins or place into a large pastry bag to ice. Store remaining frosting in fridge, as it will soften at room temperature.


These were so yummy after our Casserole dish last night and the perfect way to bring in the first Day of Autumn (September 23!!).

7 comments:

Amber said...

Those look so yummy! I'm going to have to try those for my Bible study next Friday. I love cream cheese frosting.

PS - I tagged you on my blog today. :)

Charlie said...

just found your blog...love it!

those muffins sound soooo delicious! i will have to try them :) thanks for putting up the recipe!!

Tutti said...

I think this is the PERFECT way to welcome Fall into your home... and your belly! :)

Unknown said...

YUM! I can't wait to try these!

Anonymous said...

These look yummy! I made my first pumpkin recipe last night and although I'm not really a fan of pumpkin, I do love anything with cream cheese! p.s. Love your blog, I'm a new follower.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Oh my gosh, these sound, and look, like heaven! May just be my next go to, stress-reducing recipe :)

Faith said...

that looks sooo good! i love cupcakes! i want to make those now .. i think i should give them a go!