Friday, September 17, 2010

DIY: Dog Leash Hanger

I have been wanting to make something creative to hang Ruger's leash on instead of just rolling it up and leaving it on the counter, or where ever.  While wandering around the craft store, I became inspired!


{SUPPLIES}
Big Chipboard Letter
Mod Podge
Embellishments
Bandanna
Fun Paper (to line the back of your pup's picture) *optional
Paint (already had)
Knob
Screw (J had)
Scissors
Picture of your pup
Paint/sponge brush

{INSTRUCTIONS}
SO this was my very FIRST Mod Podge project and now I'm hooked!! =)
First, I painted the knob and left it to dry.
While that was drying I traced my letter on the bandanna. 
I applied the Mod Podge onto the chipboard and adhered the bandanna cut out to it.
Add embellishments and your pup's picture.  I had J use the screw gun to put a hole through the chipboard letter...this is how he helped =)  I completely forgot to take a picture of that =/  I put a coat of Mod Podge over the finished product for good measure.
Viola!  You're finished and can hang it!! YAY! I LOVE ours! 
Super simple project and cheap -- the letter was $1.77, bandanna was $0.50, sponge brushes = pk of 6 for $0.99, knobs = $0.99 for a pack of 7, Mod Podge = $4 for a LOT! I bought the embellishments for $1 a pack -- total project cost: $5 =)
*For those of you doing the math, I didn't use all of everything that was purchased so I couldn't say it cost as much as I spent.  I have LOTS of stuff left over =)



7 comments:

Katie said...

SUPER cute! I LOVE modge podge. I'm in shock this was the first time you've used it (being that your a big crafter)! I use it on almost everything! I'm down to my last little bit in my current bottle (need to go buy more)!

Tutti said...

This is so stinking adorable!! It looks fab and I bet Ruger is just beaming at HIS new leash hook. :)Nice job chica!!

Amber said...

I keep threatening this - but I really mean it this time. I'm going to have to stop reading your blog. You're so crafty and I'm always super jealous. When I have kiddos will you please come do crafts with them so they don't turn out to be super uncreative like me!?!? :)

Bride Flu said...

I agree with Amber. I'm a little jealous of your craftiness! But it's very inspiring! Super cute :)

Lulu said...

Ok--this is SO adorable!! I am making one of these immediately for my pup too! Ha I will have to figure out a way to print your supply list out before I go to the craft store because I do not even know what modge podge is. But I like the names so that is a start!!

Great post!

Lulu
www.nixonsleeves.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Awwwwwww, that is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Love it! I am so copying you. Thanks for the great idea!