Wednesday, September 22, 2010

{Recipe} Cajun Chicken Pasta

Last night I decided to try a new recipe.  J and I need to eat in more often and I am tired of the 'usual' menu.  I browsed the Internet for about an hour coming up with new recipes.  The one I made last night is Cajun Chicken Pasta (modeled after the TGIFriday's dish).

{Ingredients}
10 oz. Cooked Fettuccine (cooked al dente)
Spicy Cajun Pasta SAUCE (recipe to follow)
1 or 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, cooked and sliced in strips
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Chopped Parsley (optional)

SPICY CAJUN PASTA SAUCE
2 oz. Olive Oil
1 Tblspn fresh chopped garlic
1/2 c. coarsely Chopped Onion
1/2 c. coarsely Chopped Green Peppers
1/2 c. coarsely Chopped Red Peppers
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 c. chicken stock
1 c. V-8 juice
Cornstarch (mix 1 tblsp w/ a couple tblsps of cold water to form a slurry)
Salt and Pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Prepare Sauce: Heat oil in saute pan; add garlic; saute for 30 seconds; add onions and saute for 1 minute; add peppers and continue to saute for another minute.  De-glaze with chicken stock and reduce to half.  Add V-8 juice and cayenne pepper; bring to boil; simmer 10 minutes.
Thicken to consistency with cornstarch; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cooked pasta to sauce and heat through until hot.

I really didn't like it =/  I didn't like it so much that I didn't take a picture. =/  I was really disappointed...J on the other hand, LOVED it.  I think my things was the peppers.  I didn't think it would change the taste to vegetable-y like it did with only a cup of peppers.  Maybe since it was sauteed it was so pungent??  If you like peppers, you will probably really enjoy this recipe.  If you are like me and don't particularly care for many vegetables of any kind, you should probably pass on this one. =/  I was disappointed to the point that I felt bratty last night! UGH! so annoying.  I was really excited that I was cooking for J and that I had found a new recipe to try and then it was a big fat flop in my mind.  I have to keep telling myself that J loved it and that I just didn't care for it.  It wasn't inedible or anything like that, it just wasn't my cup of tea. 

I am trying a new recipe tonight...so keep your fingers crossed! 

1 comment:

Tutti said...

I have a hard time when I cook something and it ends up being a flop (even if everyone else liked it). I only KEEP the recipes that we both like- otherwise they just make me recipe folder too fat with things I don't use. Keep on truckin' m'dear!