Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's Thursday

And is anyone else blown away by the fact that tomorrow is ALREADY OCTOBER?! What in the world -- where did the time go?! I feel like we were JUST celebrating my husband's birthday at the beginning of the month! Tomorrow marks 91 days until the end of the year -- which means there are LESS THAN 90 DAYS UNTIL
Christmas!!!
I know some of you are freaking out right now, but don't. This is a happy time! =) Just think, candy galore this month, stuffing your face for Thanksgiving next and then Christmas and holiday cheer! My favorite thing to do is watch "The Grinch".  I watch it a couple times throughout the season.  It really makes me feel like it's that time of year.  My family and I always watch "The Preacher's Wife" as well and I really get into the spirit. This year, being it's our first MARRIED Christmas together, we are going to establish a couple of our own traditions.  We'll see how that goes =)
I am getting way ahead of myself here.  It isn't even OCTOBER yet -- until tomorrow. =)
Last night, J and I were driving around and we saw this:
What in the world is going on here?!  In case you can't see it, this is a white van with neon yellow smiley stickers all over it. Whatever the reasoning behind this, it made us smile =)
My goal today was hunting down Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses.  I was SUCCESSFUL!!  I had traveled to a couple Walgreens and CVS (ok I stopped in as I drove by, I didn't go out of my way - let's be real) AND Publix wasn't even carrying them.  Thanks to good ol' Target, I found them!! And I am trying one...right now....
Hmmm..that's different.  Don't get me wrong they are very good but completely the wrong consistency for Kisses OR pumpkin anything-I've-ever-had. =)  My advice for this little piece of scrumptious is to make sure you eat it REMEMBERING it is NOT chocolate.  That will help with the taste =)
One the SAME exact end cap, I found Caramel Apple Kisses!! WHAT?! YUM!!! 
It's chocolate on the outside and the filling is flavored caramel apple! HEAVEN!
These are definitely yummy snacks to 'ring in' the fall season and October!  =)

12 comments:

Christina said...

I was wondering if it was chocolate mixed with pumpkin spice. I'll definitely have to give them a try. The apple one looks awesome though. I like any dessert apple flavored though :)

cailen ascher said...

loving this post. i'm super excited about all things fall/holiday/traditional this time of year. that's so cute that you and your hubby are making your own traditions. i may borrow that idea next year when it's our first married christmas...very cute!

my blog's www.cailenascher.blogspot.com if you want to stop by. i blog about wedding planning, life in general, cooking and all the things i love : )

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

GAAAAAHHH!!! From here on out it's my very favorite time of year!!! :) :) :)

Tutti said...

You needed to do that to me, didn't you? I am CRAVING one of those caramel apple pie kisses now. But I have to get into swimsuit shape by next month (not going to happen) so no yummy-ness for me. I suppose I will have to live vicariously through you for the next month. You are such a tease.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Ooo I need to try those caramel apple kisses then...

I like the idea of those pumpkin ones but I'm not sure if I'd like it.

I'm still on the search for these Pumpkin Pie PopTarts though.

Anonymous said...

ok the reminder about Christmas is just depressing!

Amber said...

Now my mouth is watering and I want something chocolate. :)

I also can't believe it's almost October. Where has this year gone!?!?!

Ms. Emmy N said...

I really can't believe it's October, it feels like June and July just passed! And that van is too funny, love the smileys!

I have been wanting to try those kisses, I love pumpkin everything!

Bride Flu said...

I am ALL about Halloween! It's my favorite holiday by far! There's no pressure: just dress up, eat candy and have fun. I'm in! Christmas, on the other hand, I could do without. I know, I'm a grinch. But if you knew what my mother was like around the holidays, you'd dread it too! :)

PS- I'm totally trying those kisses! Looks awesome!

Betty said...

90 days til Xmas?! Yowza. Love this time of year!

Faith said...

i want those caramel apple pie kisses right now. they look so yummy!

Charlie said...

ummm this makes me want to drive to target right now and get these!! i didn't even know they exsisted!! thankssss :)